Author Topic: Nap and bedtime refusal  (Read 1400 times)

Offline babyrose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • My two beautiful strong boys
Nap and bedtime refusal
« on: December 31, 2016, 14:26:55 pm »
Hi all, Basically its been going on since November, it started with a nasty virus resulting in leo having a chest infection and then teething but still after everything has passed they cry every time i leave the room. Occasionally we get night wakenings but its not very often.

Original routine

7 wake
13:00 sleep (2hrs)
20:00 bedtime

Thanks.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Nap and bedtime refusal
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 14:45:47 pm »
Two years old!!!  :o

It could be the birthday craziness developmental sleep disturbance thing? (every birthday and half birthday for us, just been through it myself, my DS turns 6 soon)
Or it could be the beginning of a slow nap drop? (mine had sleep needs change from 25 months but took him 6 months to drop the nap)
What do you think?

To me sounds like a bit of UT making them call back at nap and BT.  You could move nap 10 mins later and still end it at the same time perhaps, how do they do on capped naps?

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 15:19:40 pm »
I know crazy huh?! Im so glad you stopped by😊 whenever df puts them down for there nap its about 10 mins before, but they wont be sleeping until 1:15 and when i put them to bed at night they dont settle then either even though nap time has been moved 15 minutes later. For me i tend to take them up much earlier say 20 mins before sleeping now and they settle quicker but yet again wont let me leave the room.

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 15:49:59 pm »
The won't let you leave the room part - honestly I've just gone through all this with my almost 6yo.  Don't know about your older DS but mine does the whole SA and developmental call backs thing every 6 months like clockwork.  Recently I was up and down the stairs for an hour before he'd settle.  No change in sleep needs, just a PITA development.  I had a serious chat with mine which seemed to help, easier with a 6yo than a 2yo though!

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 14:34:32 pm »
Oh yeah I found that with Ayden aswell, some nights are better than others.

I think Lewis might be cutting his bottom molars, not sure what's going on with Leo. Some nights and naps are better than others though slightly easier now I'm putting them down later.

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 22:11:34 pm »
Did 10 mins later make a difference then?  Are you capping the nap at their usual wake up time so that it is slightly shorter, and does that make BT a bit easier do you think?

We've just got through all the call backs, after a serious chat with DS but also I feel it is because he is getting through the developmental SA thing, his birthday is in just a few days so I think we've come the the natural end of the phase anyway.