Author Topic: 7 mo still having 30 min naps  (Read 2107 times)

Offline Benitta23

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 05, 2017, 14:10:50 pm »
Hi,

I have a question regarding my 7 mo DD.  We usually wake up at 6.30-7. At 11 my daughter starts to feel sleepy (yes, she's able to manage without sleep for 4 to 4.5h!!! at the age of 7 months), so we go for a nap. Very often she wakes up after 30-40 min ready for activity. She's able to be active for yet another 4h and at about 15 pm we go for a 2nd nap. She wakes from that nap after 30 smiling to me. Ofcourse we have days when she's able to sleep for 1h or 1.5h. But these days are starting to be rare. She's always been a better night sleeper comparing to the day. She sleeps through the night from 7 to 7 having 11-12h sleep almost every day. She falls asleep in 2 or 3 min in her crib without any props, I just hug her untill she's asleep. I've also tried many times the tips from the book to extend her naps like pat & shh or wake to sleep, but without any significant progress. I'm just worried if she gets egnough sleep during the day. When she has two 30 min naps she gets a little cranky at bedtime. Can I do anythning more to fix these short naps? Or should I accept it the way it is? I remember my older son at this age, he was having two 2h naps during the day. I just add that she an angle type baby - very calm, smiling all the time.

Many thanks for your help in advance

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
Re: 7 mo still having 30 min naps
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 20:29:54 pm »
Hi there!

Every baby is different, as you know. It sounds like your son was higher sleep needs and maybe your daughter is opposite end of scale and low sleep needs.

Those are very long A times and short naps for her age but I assume you've tried shorter A times and she won't go to sleep earlier? If she's waking happy, happy for her whole A time and only a little cranky at BT but then doing a good unbroken 12hr night, I think you might just have a natural short napper.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline Benitta23

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 20:53:30 pm »
Oh no, she definitely won't go for a nap earlier :) that's for sure!

Thanks anyway for this confirmation. I just have to accept her biorythym the way it is...