Author Topic: 18 month sleep regression - ew and dummy issues  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
18 month sleep regression - ew and dummy issues
« on: January 06, 2017, 08:02:41 am »
Hi all,

I reckon I'm well and truely in the 18 sr.

My lg is not napping well and waking during the night and today she had an Emw. She woke at 4.40 and it took me and my husband 1hr 10mins to get her back to sleep. She kept screaming every time we left the room. Eventually my husband took beside the cot and shhhh her back to sleep.

My question is what do I do about her set nap if she has an Emw? She'd never make it to 12.30 from a 5am wake up. Would you advise to push to as close to that time as poss or short cn in car early morning almost like the 2:1 cn?

Also she has a dummy for sleep which I don't like but it ended up that way after struggling to sleep at nursery. However she has been dummy obsessed over the past few weeks crying out for it in the night. Do you think that it could be sleep regression linked? I'd love to wean the dummy but not sure if it the correct time with everything else going on. I should say before one she didn't have a dummy and ss well.

Thank you

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 18 month sleep regression - ew and dummy issues
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 19:45:43 pm »
Hi hugs sr are just the pits.

I'd try and get as close as possible to set nap but allow 30 mins earlier if she's struggling or yes like you say offer 10 min micro nap then got for normal nap but bear in mind she may refuse set nap if she's had a CN.

I don't have any BTDT on a dummy but I'd prob leave things be if it's her way of settling fit now...you could put a few in cot so she can re plug x
Zoe

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 14:00:38 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I've decided to leave the dummy for now and just be consistent (which I am with it) that she doesn't get it unless she is going to sleep. She does however ask for it all day long haha.

I am now getting night wakings where she isn't upset if you are in the room but if you leave the room, she screams blue murder. I tend to send daddy in to settle her but she has been screaming for me and  will only settle if it's me. I'm thinking it's sr and Sep anxiety?

To try and get her back to sleep, I've been lying on her floor saying her sleep phrase sleepy time. Do you think me being there for this will create a habit of her wanting me to stay with her all the time to get to sleep? Not Keen on that at all. I find I don't have the will power for walk in walk out during the night  :o xx

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 18:58:45 pm »
It sounds like SA and SR together. I'd prob try reducing your time in there less and less after a few days and see if she will settle with you outside the door.

You may find once sr ends the SA lessens and things just go back to normal x
Zoe