Author Topic: Short naps!  (Read 4285 times)

Offline My little Liam

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Love them!
Re: Short naps!
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 19:18:09 pm »
Yes I know you are right.
This afternoon we were super busy. I was late to put her down and she fell asleep with 1hr55 A time after a nap beforehand of 55 min. She woke after 30 min, resettled he slept 1hr40! I know she can do it and I guess this kind of proves it. I will try to go for longer A's starting tomorrow and we will see how it goes.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 08:37:00 am »
Yes, that 30 min disturbance and able to resettle looks like a classic OT nap but it really does show that she can do a longer nap when tired enough.  TBH given the choice I'd go for OT naps (even if I was to have to resettle every day at the 30 min mark!) which end up a good length rather than UT naps. The UT naps were a nightmare here, give me OT any day!!

Offline My little Liam

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • Love them!
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2017, 09:18:20 am »
Yes I definitely hate the UT naps!!!!
The question is if constant OT naps will eventually cause problems even if she is resettling for them?
Starting now so we will see what comes of it.
Maybe within a few days she won't be OT for the naps once she gets into some sort of rhythm...

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2017, 09:23:01 am »
Maybe within a few days she won't be OT for the naps once she gets into some sort of rhythm...
Yes absolutely. Most LOs will adapt to the new A time (so long as it is a reasonable increase not huge) over a number of days.
And even though she gets the OT wake up in the nap overall she is going to be better rested if it results in the longer nap - and hopefully less moaning and whining as a result! :)