Author Topic: right A-time after short pm-nap  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Aimi

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
right A-time after short pm-nap
« on: January 27, 2017, 19:13:22 pm »
I´d like a little help figuring out the right a-time before bed. DD is 11 months

our day looks somthing like this
7.00 wu
10.55-12.15 s
15.45-16.30 s (sometimes wakes up after 30 min)
19:50 s

so the a-times are usually 3.55, 3,30 (use to be 3,40) and 3,20 and we´re struggling with bedtime, she´s awake and tossing and turning or crying but she goes down straight away for the naps. we´re trying with a shorter and shorter a-time at night beacause we´ve cut the pm nap shorter but I´m wondering if anything else could be off and needing adjusting that could affect this.  ???  would love som input!

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
Re: right A-time after short pm-nap
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 08:41:59 am »
Hi!

Her routine looks pretty typical for an 11mo. Only thing I might try if she's having trouble going to sleep at BT would be to consistently cap the 2nd nap at 30mins, but keep BT around the same time (unless she seems tired earlier). Cutting that 2nd nap a little might help her be tired enough to fall asleep more easily at BT.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline Aimi

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 09:48:56 am »
she´s been doing a 30 min nap for a while and it´s not been working.. we recently changed the atimes around (about 5 days ago) and before she had a 40 min nap (but started doing 30 min before the change) and 3,30 atime before bed which was fine. we increased the first atime to 3,55 but cut back the second one to 3.30 from 3,40 to still have space for the pm nap and I read that it doesn´t matter if she´s undertired for it but I´m wondering if that could be the problem? when she refuses the pm nap we increase the morning atime so is it the same with the second atime and bedtime?  ???

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 10:22:44 am »
Could you try a 15-20min pm nap if you feel 2nd A time is too short and 30min nap is too long? That would let you keep longer 2nd A and have a little less afternoon sleep too.

Sorry, not sure re exact A times, as mine got closer to 1yo I found set times a bit easier to work with.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline Aimi

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 15:24:42 pm »
I guess we'll keep experimenting and hope for the best..thanks for your thoughts!  :)