Author Topic: EW and schedule help 10m  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Crispysage

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
EW and schedule help 10m
« on: January 29, 2017, 13:44:25 pm »
Hi!

LO Finally STTN for a week or so, but only till 5am. The EW continue. Then he just got sick again (and teeth) so night have gone back to awful. But any schedule tweaks or tips would be great to avoid the EW assuming he hopefully goes back to STTN after the hiccup.

A times: 3:30-4 hr
S times: 2,5-3,5 hr naps 10 -11 hr (seems like not enough to me - 13hr but maybe he just has LSN)

NOTE: LO#1 was always also an EW, he is now 2.5 and only slowly inching towards 6 if we are lucky and this one doesn't wake him.

Sample routine:

5 /5:30 am WU and "play" in cot
5:45 He has had enough we get up.
7 BF and breakfast
9 nap
11 BF
12 Lunch
3 Nap
4 BF
5 Dinner
6 Bath and asleep by 6:30/7

I have read this:
10/11 month old sleep gone wonky? Read this first!

and this:
Early Waking

and from that my best guess is it's now a habit, which is why I don't go to him for as long as possible and don't feed him till 7 if I can. (to try and avoid encouraging the habit!)

3. External stimuli
Babies can wake early due to physical stimulation, such as noise or light, heat (central heating coming on) or cold (kicking off covers), or a leaky wet nappy etc,
By 5am, after completing most of the night time sleep, the levels of the hormone cortisol starts to rise and motivation to sleep is less strong (Ferber 1986). If babies experience any one of these stimuli frequently enough, they can begin to anticipate it and wake spontaneously, thus becoming a habit. (Ferber 1986)

Offline lolsyb1982

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
Re: EW and schedule help 10m
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 21:17:04 pm »
Hi

I think day sleep between 2.5-3.5hrs and a 10/11 hr night is very typical amount of sleep. Both my girls have only ever slept for a total of 13hrs in 24.

I saw you read the thread wonky sleep 10/11 months so you'll be aware that at this age many LO begin the 2-1 From 2 to 1 nap transition (10-12m and older)

How long has he been on those A times? Might be time to increase that first one?
Lauren