Author Topic: at my wits end with baby schedule-pls help!  (Read 4105 times)

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Re: at my wits end with baby schedule-pls help!
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 02:42:00 am »
If you highlight the section you want to respond to and hit the "quote" button on the right hand side, it will automatically pop the selection into your reply and all you have to to is respond on the next line underneath :)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: at my wits end with baby schedule-pls help!
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 08:40:03 am »
Henna, I've gone into your previous post and put quotes around the questions from myself and Ali. This makes it easier for us to see your answers.  As Lindsay has helpfully described, there is a "quote" button - it can take a little while to get used to it. Don't worry :)

I don't have a lot of time this morning to have a good look but Ali may be back or Lindsay may have some pointers.

As a quick response and a rough guide I'd suggest a 4hr A time for nap 1 and a short nap 2
WU 8.30
A 4hr
nap 12.30 - 2.00
3hr (or 3.5)
nap 5 - 5.30 (or 5.30 - 6)
A 3-4hrs
BT 8.30/9.30

And that if she refuses a nap you bring BT significantly earlier - whilst I can see you do not want it too early in general because she is waking late in the morning to the whole routine is just a later one, when a nap is skipped she will need EBT (early bed time).

Feeding just before sleep and not yet being an independent sleeper can impact on routines. This may be one of the reasons she wakes mid nap and needs help to resettle and not have so much to do with A times.  A time and nap times are not a "fix all" and you could have the perfect A time and LO will still wake because she is unable to self settle or transition from one sleep cycle to another alone.

For feeds - are the bottles formula or breast milk?  I wouldn't think she needs those night feeds and they are likely impacting on her appetite during the day for solid food.  Relying on milk to calm for sleep can also impact on LOs appetite.  I would expect those night feeds to be dropped now and this/next month a move towards more focus on solids rather than milk - perhaps reducing the day time milks to 2 or 3 bottles.