SLEEP > Naps

Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition? #28

(1/2) > >>

Shiv52:
Happy chatting!

Remember please any posts just holding a spot will be deleted.

Continued from here:

Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #27

marjorie_kate:
My DD (almost 16 mo) has transitioned to one nap/day over the last month or so.  She was wanting a long nap at 1030 for 2 hours and then ready for another one at 430 which just wasn't working for anyone in our household due to dinner time and then bedtime.  This has unfortunately coincided with teething and a cold.  My question is how long it takes for a baby this age to really get into a routine?  She's been going down between 1200-1215, sometimes wakes after an hour but will go back to sleep if I leave her for 10 min or so.  Most days she sleeps a solid two hours and then we shoot for a 700pm bedtime.  The thing is she's waking up at 6am now when she always slept until 630-700 before this transition.  Also, how long should I let her nap?  Today she's at 2.5 hours... is there a length of time I should cap the nap?  Thanks for any suggestions, particularly if my mornings are just going to be early from now on, or if there's anything I should tweak. 

Clairehv:
Hi
Just looking for some guidance on when to try and transition from 2-1 nap.
Our 13.5 month old has two naps a day and doesn't fight them at all but really fights bedtime with typically a 20-40 minute of crying/ resetting required.
Her typical sleep is below

WU between 6-6.45am

Nap 1 9.30-10.15 (no resistance and just goes to sleep herself in Oct
Nap 2 1.30-2.30-3pm and sometimes have to wake

Start bathtime 615 ish and typically bottle and into cot around 6.50-7pm
Then usually have a good 20 mins of crying. Her recent trick is to keep sitting up and trying to pull herself up.
I have to get DD1 into bed as well who is usually exhausted and needs to be in bed for 7pm
DD2 can often just be moaning crying softly or chatting and usually going into her makes her escalate and if we pU/pd then that results in hysteria so I am not sure what to do. She usually does go to sleep herself in cot but it seems to take ages. A later bedtime doesn't really help either.

Any thoughts appreciated
X

malibu_nikkus:
Ahhhhh. This transition is killing us. Any advice on what to do for LO who refuses afternoon naps regardless of length of morning nap, but gets too OT doing one nap?

Yesterday
7.15am wake
12pm-1pm - couldn't resettle
5.30pm BT - Took hr to go to sleep and woke 1-2hrly until 5.30am

Day before
6.45am wake
11am sleep
1pm wake
5.30 BT - woke 2hrly the whole night

I cant get a 2nd nap in even AP feeding, rocking, driving...

ZanesOTmom:
Anyone wanna resurrect this thread for rants/support?

LO is almost 11mos and we’ve been going through 2-1 for almost 2 months now... pretty much 5h first AT but still needs a CN (sometimes capped at 10min) cos he can only do 4h max before BT :-/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version