Author Topic: Nap standard for 2 months  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Lilo's mom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« on: March 15, 2017, 15:13:15 pm »
Hi there, DD is 2 months and I have kind of the EASY implemented. She eats, stays awake and then sleeps, and everything repeats after 3 hours or so when I breastfeed her again.
Sometimes she takes good 40 min - 1h naps but many times it's those 20-30 min naps.
I don't remember when they're supposed to start napping 3x a day... is it around 3 months, maybe?
Thanks!
Mariana

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 18:44:51 pm »
According to Tracy around 3 months you can think of 3.5 EASY and 3 naps and around 4mo about 2 naps and a catnap. We moved to 3 naps at 7wo as he was already catnaping.
~Marta

Offline Lilo's mom

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 17:14:53 pm »
DD is short napping every time... for every EASY cycle, she sleeps 20-30 min. I guess that, because she takes such short naps, I am unable to increase her A time to lengthen the awake time and concentrate sleep in three naps. Any advice??

Is there a place where I can find schedule samples?DD's bedtime is at 8,30, but I am not sure at what time I should start the day. For instance, today she woke up at 2 am to feed and then again at 6,30. This time, after I fed her, she slept again until 8,30... do you think I should aim at a 12 h night?

Thank you!

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 21:49:14 pm »
Ohhh, I would aim at any night length she likes:). If she goes to sleep after a NF I would be more than happy to sleep in. You will know when she is ready to start the day, so until she happily goes down after NF I would accept it.

With such a good night I would start from increasing the first A of the day, which should finally give you a good nap. With a good first nap you will be able to work on next naps:).
~Marta

Offline Lilo's mom

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 22:38:50 pm »
Good idea!! Thank you for the attention! I will try that, starting tomorrow. Thanks!