Author Topic: 5month old -multiple night wakings and early wake up  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Roisin n

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
5month old -multiple night wakings and early wake up
« on: June 28, 2017, 07:57:54 am »
Hoping for some advice on my 5.5 month daughters sleeping issues....I am so tired and go back to work soon and really want her sleep to improve.

Our routine is:

530-5:50 - wake up - I try and shush her back to sleep but she very rarely goes back (occasionally she does wake up later 6:30/7 but quite rare at the moment)

Eat - 7

Sleep - 8:30 - 1.15 -1.5 hrs

Eat - 10:30

Awake 2hr 15

Sleep - 12:30 - 1.5-2 hours

Eat - 2pm

Awake 2hr 10

Sleep - 4:15 - 40 mins (sometimes she goes longer and I have to wake her)

Eat - 4:50pm

Awake 2hr 15

B/t - bath, story and feed then bed - she goes off well and is awake when I put her down. She has her dummy which I think she may be dependent on as well.

She then usually wakes at 9:50 but goes back to sleep with some sshh pat.( I did try wake to sleep which worked for a week but now wakes again!) I then do dream feed about 10:30.

She has been waking in the night at 1:30 and 4/4:30. I have a really hard time trying to get her back to sleep and usually end up feeding her. She is breastfed. She then takes a little while going back off after the last feed - and is usually up about 5:50!! I always try to put her down awake after the feeds but she's very drowsy.

Is she actually hungry at this age to be wanting feeds during the night or is she waking out of habit?

Any help and advice would be much appreciated :)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 5month old -multiple night wakings and early wake up
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 15:32:25 pm »
Hi, id personally just feed her then get her back to bed, they have so many growth spurts at this age it's hard to tell if its hunger or habit but at that age 2 NF is not unusual. Could you try just feeding at 9.50 whilst shexawakecthen you wouldn't have to bother with another feed 45 mins later?

EW are often s sign the first nap is too early so I'd push that a bit later nearer to 9am as the rest of the day her A time is 2/2.15 x
Zoe