Author Topic: EW- does my baby have LSN?!  (Read 1708 times)

Offline peepip

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
EW- does my baby have LSN?!
« on: February 27, 2017, 19:36:42 pm »
So the past few days my 7 month old boy has been waking back at 6am. I realize this is not that early, but he doesn't fall asleep until between 7:30 and 7:45pm. Usually closer to 7:45 that means he has a less than 10.5 hour night... that seems really short for a baby...

Normally he has 11 hour nights and I have just accepted them, but this seems too low.

He gets 2 X 1.5 hour naps and his A time is 3.5 hrs (recent push as he was waking from naps after less than an hour)

Day is like this
6am WU
9:30 - 11 sleep
2:30 - 4 sleep
7:30/7:45 BT
4:30 NF (if he's waking at 6 anyway can I push this out... seems pointless at this time...)

PLEASE HELP.

Edit: just noticed if he has longer nights will I have to cap one nap to make everything fit into a day?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 19:49:09 pm by peepip »

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: EW- does my baby have LSN?!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 20:09:37 pm »
He may be lower sleep needs, yes - certainly possible!  I'm assuming he sleeps well nights and naps and seems happy in A time?  At this sort of age my DD was on around 3.5h A time, but would typically do one longer and one shorter nap with a longer night.  Total sleep time was probably similar overall to you DS, it was just distributed differently (more like 1.5-2h in the day and 11.5-12h at night). 

So yes, you may need to start shortening one nap if the shorter night is not working for you all.  You can choose which one - and bear in mind when you cap a nap, the following A time is usually reduced too.  We kept a long morning nap and had a shorter pm nap, so the A time before bed was quite short - around 2-2.5h once we got closer to 4h A time with 1x 1.5h nap and 1x40-45 mins.  With an EWer the usual advice is to shorten the morning nap from the front end, so instead of 9.30-11 you might do 9.45-11, or 10-11, and might have to move the afternoon sleep a little earlier to compensate x

Offline peepip

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: EW- does my baby have LSN?!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 20:14:48 pm »
yes he sleeps well at night, just stirs every now and then but at 4:30am he really does need that feed unfortunately..

I will give your suggestions a go! Thank you!!