Author Topic: 14month and night time waking  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Georgia76

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 23, 2017, 08:36:01 am »
Hello, I'm new to this forum. my little 1 has never been a fantastic sleeper but over the last couple of months things have got worse. He goes up to bed at 7.30 after a 9oz bottle and goes to sleep great. After a few hours he starts to get very restless and starts tossing and turning an then wakes up for approx 2hours. I stopped giving him night time bottles for a couple of weeks and he was fine but he seems to settle after bottle. He doesn't really cry he just wakes up. I've put him in my bed as some nights I'm so tired because need to be up for work the following day.
Any advise would be great.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 14month and night time waking
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 13:44:20 pm »
Hello and welcome to BW forums :)

The night waking might be caused by his day time nap routine. Would you like to post your routine to include:
WU (morning wake up)
E (eat, milk/solids put these throughout the routine)
A (activity - how long he is awake)
S (nap time, the time he falls to sleep, the time he wakes up)
A (how long) (if there are 2 naps please show both and all the A time before and after)
BT (bed time, what time he goes to sleep at night)
NW (times, length, mood)

We might be able to offer some suggestions for you.
It would also help to know any background for instance is he an independent sleeper for nap and BT or do you need to help him fall to sleep?
What sort of sleep training method did you use?
It would also help to know if your routine is relatively consistent or if it changes daily.  If you are using A times (how long LO is awake) to judge when to put down for nap or if you use set nap times and set BT (same time every day).

Hopefully we can help you find a suitable routine and get him sleeping through the night again :)