Author Topic: help for today's messed up schedule!!  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Twosweetgirls

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 26, 2017, 16:01:29 pm »
Hello helpful people!

I have been here lots for my second daughter, a spirited 2.5 year old who has always had issues with sleep, overtired and long nighttime wake ups.  I find changing her schedule to be just right can help minimize our fights and problems.  ANYWAYS, here is today's problem.  She has been overtired, acting impulsive, erratic,moody and asking to go to nap early, so Ive been doing what I can to get her more sleep, putting her to nap and bedtime early. 
So the last few days she has had this schedule-
5am wake up and back to sleep, 6 or 630 wake up (our family tries to wake up at 7), then she has either begged to go to sleep or put herself to nap at 11 and slept till 230 (one time recently it was 1230), and then in bed at 720.  sleep around 8. 

This morning she woke up at 5, back to sleep, then up at 530 and awake for the day.  I don't know where to put her nap. I was guessing that she would have been caught up and happy to wake up after 630.  but now, i'm guessing she will beg to go to bed early and maybe she is used to the adapted schedule and is just doing less at night! I already super low on sleep as I have a 5 month old who I'm reteaching sleep.  Help me figure today out and I will just fight her to stay in bed later in the am.  An added problem is I have a 4 year old in the same room as my 2 year old and although she sleeps through most things Im hoping to avoid screaming from my 2 year old.  Please help me figure out a good nap time and bed time to try!! I have to reverse this!!  Thank you!!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: help for today's messed up schedule!!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 16:29:54 pm »
I wonder if you say if she has effectively moved her whole day backwards...not sure you'll fix it in a day but I would probably (if she is well, no other reason for her to be super-sleepy) move her back to her old routine - I'd guess a nap around 12.30/1pm?  With 8pm bedtime?  And stick to that to see if things even out after a few days x

Offline Twosweetgirls

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 18:56:14 pm »
Ok thanks! I think she has! I will push nap time thanks! I'm scared of overtired with this kid cuz she sleeps way worse when overtired. So maybe 12 today and 1230 tomorrow. Thanks for the quick reply

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 13:45:39 pm »
No probs, bear in mind things may take a few days to come right again so hang in there x

Offline Twosweetgirls

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 22:55:00 pm »
Thanks! I can see that she's getting better already.  I just didn't know which way to push it to the right schedule.  She's on her way back for now, and I just need to start working on my baby's sleep.  Then maybe I'll sleep myself.  I'll go to the other sleep board!