Author Topic: Easy for a newborn  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Kelly123

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 28, 2017, 21:04:11 pm »
My baby is 1 week old tomorrow. Please could someone explain what I do after the 4pm feed until the dreamfeed? I'm confused about the catnap, 6pm cluster feed, bathtime, 8pm cluster feed etc.....

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 21:31:56 pm »
It's usually the trickiest part of the day. You normally go for 4pm feed, than you make a catnap, feed at 6pm, bed around 7/7:30. Than you wake 30/40min after BT (that's why you call it catnap), feed as a second part of cluster feed. After feed you settle your baby, and DF around 11. Around 6-8 weeks you stop waking at 8pm for cluster feed but you may do cluster feeding before bed if you child want or need it. DF will stay as it is until 6-8mo when LOs are ready for STTN.
~Marta

Offline McPhee242

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 22:03:20 pm »
I always thought that for a newborn you just let them set their own routine until 4-6 weeks.

Offline Kelly123

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 09:32:09 am »
Thanks, so where is the bath fit in?

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 10:14:00 am »
It depends on you. Generally before BT at 7:30. It can be done before or after feed, depending on how LO copes with it.
~Marta

Offline Kelly123

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 11:55:41 am »
Well so far I've been feeding at 6pm, she falls asleep and isn't really interested but I get about an Oz down her.... Then bath about half six, couple of times she's been sick.... Then she sleeps again til the feed at 8....It's just difficult doing it at 7pm as I have other children to get to bed.... Although I guess they could help and I could get them to bed at half 7 before the 8pm feed.... It just seems so hectic. Is it worth cluster feeding do you think?