Author Topic: Almost 6mo-many problemu with night sleep  (Read 1624 times)

Offline HaniaJa

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Almost 6mo-many problemu with night sleep
« on: March 02, 2017, 11:03:14 am »
Hello everyone,
My DD is 6 mi in a week. Her night sleep for the last few nights was awfull. I have No idea what to do:((
1. She started waking up during DF at 11pm. Talking to herself and shouting for 10-15mins and finally falling asleep. It's annoying...
2. She started waking up for a NF at about 5/6 am (used to be more like 4/5am) and is filmy awaken after feeding. She has always been but used to soothe herself by talking and making strange noises, which was super annoying but worked...now She is unable to settle down and I need to Give her a paci a few times before She falls asleep. It takes an hour to put her back to sleep and sometimes is impossible.

What can I do to Change her noisy habit and help her to go back to sleep sooner?!?! Is it developmental? I think we're getting through some grownth spurt as She is super fussy during the day;(
Please, Give me some advice, Thank you!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Almost 6mo-many problemu with night sleep
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 19:52:32 pm »
Could you post her daytime routine for us please in EAS format?

Offline HaniaJa

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 14:07:39 pm »
Ofcourse!

For the last 3 weeks our schedule looks moreover like this:

E- 7 (usually not hungry and BF just for a while)
A - 7-10 (breakfast at about 8:30/9)
S - 10-11:30

E-11:30
A-11:30-14:30 (lunch at about 14)
S-14:30-16

E- 16
A-16-19 (supper at about 18:45)
S - 19/19:30

I started to think if her A time isn't too long (when we sometimes go for a walk very often she falls asleep in her pram even after 5 hours of A). And also she started EW at about 5:30/6:30, it ruins the whole schedule and makes it even worse:(

Offline HaniaJa

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 14:11:47 pm »
And a few more things:
- when she wakes up during the night she isn't crying, she is happy, talking to herself. I do not react for the first 10-15 mins, then she starts being fussy and crying and no way I can settle her without BF. Same thing with EW.
- she goes to sleep independently, but she uses paci. But I know that she can soothe her without paci, because sometimes after night feed or before the day nap I can hear her talking to herself and falling asleep in a few minutes.

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 14:28:28 pm »
Her routine looks perfect really, I wouldn't suggest to change much there....I'm not quite sure what this meant though?

I started to think if her A time isn't too long (when we sometimes go for a walk very often she falls asleep in her pram even after 5 hours of A).
Did you mean 2 hours?  Was that a typo?

Do you think she could be teething?  Fussy NWs (sometimes chatty), early wakings and daytime fussing have often indicated a bit of discomfort here.  It's common for LOs to want to BF a bit more too.  The other thought could be developmental in which case all you can do really is ride it out x

Offline HaniaJa

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 11:06:39 am »
Thank You Katherine!
It was a typo ofcourse-I meant 2 hrs. Yes, She is fussy during the day, what makes me think She is teething. OMG, I have a feeling like She has been the one Huge growth spurt for the last 2 months! And I tell myself that it will pass, but it's so frustrating, She' so not like her older brother, the great sleeper, lol!

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 16:14:16 pm »
They are all so different aren't they?!  Are things any better?