i'm new here but have read many treads before asking:) anyway there is no search through so please excuse if i ask already answered questions...
my daughter is 8 months now and till 7 months she was a real angel/textbook: almost no problems with sleeping in her own bed, feeding etc. she even slept 7-8 hours at night without any feeding almost from birth. and she almost never slept with my breast in her mouth.
when she was 5,5 she began NW few times a night and i read in BW about 4-hours periods and so changed her regime and she began sleeping well.
but then she turned 7 months, learned to stand and sit and began crying as soon as i take her to her bed, climbing up, standing, crawling around the bed and falling asleep only after an hour of crying and me holding her down... and also she began NW around 5 a.m. after i df her around 1-2 a.m. (BT is around 9-11 p.m.)
during the day i bf her 4 times with 4hr periods, five solids 2-3 times a day between bfs, then do df in about 4hr after the last evening bf. and when i df her and then when she NWs at 5-6 a.m. she eats well, both boobs (i usually give both).
1. has she just got a habit of eating at 5 a.m.? but she eats normally...
2. or does she need more food?
3. should i try PUPD first (at 5 a.m.)? but if she hunger cries - i give her bf - won't it be inconsistency then?
i've read in one tread here that 4hr periods are too long for bf-babies even when they get solids in addition.
4. should i go back to 3-3,5 hr? did the 4hr regime suit her when she was not so active (at 5mo) and now she just needs more food?
5. also somewhere here i've found a post where was said that df should be after around 2hr after sleep began (i have it after 4-5hr) - did i get it right?
also i've read about stopping night feeds
at 9mo with adding less formula and more water to the night bottle.
6. how can i adopt this to bf? just feed less time? with one boob? (one supplies about twice more milk than another)
also we started PU/PD few days ago to set back the regime and independency... but she is teething and that hurts her some nights so badly that nothing can calm her except for bf.
6. should i ignore the restriction of getting baby asleep on the boob during such periods?
thank you very much in advance!