Author Topic: 8 month old will ONLY nap in her car seat  (Read 1267 times)

Offline Vieve23

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
8 month old will ONLY nap in her car seat
« on: March 09, 2017, 15:58:51 pm »
I really need some help on transitioning my 8 month old from napping in her car seat to napping in her crib. Right now she will fight us and scream/cry when we try to get her to nap in her crib, she will cry and cry until we give up and put her in her car seat...where she will promptly fall asleep in like ONE minute. We don't know what to do, she's going to be too big to nap in the car seat and we really think she would get better quality sleep for longer if we can somehow transition to the crib.

She does sleep in her crib WONDERFULLY at night, sometimes I can put her down awake and she'll sooth herself to sleep. She has never gotten close to doing that for naps though, not even when she's been mostly asleep and we've layed her down...she pops right up and cries.

Does anyone have advice on this subject? My husband and I are desperate.

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
Re: 8 month old will ONLY nap in her car seat
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 19:42:41 pm »
It seems honey that you just have to follow through and be consistent no matter how bloody murder she screams...:(. I guess that her screams are so vivid as you already gave up couple of times so she knows the process - you put her there, she screams, you do nothing, she screams more and you put her in the car seat. So I would just choose a method of sleep training and be persitent.

Re car seat, is there any chance she is uncomfortable when lying flat down so she prefers a car seat? At night she might be more tired and she has no power to argue about settling.

Can you also post your routine so we check there is nothing to tweak?
~Marta