Author Topic: Any ideas for activities for 3 yr old ?  (Read 4152 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: November 03, 2016, 14:02:27 pm »
Looking for some activities for my 3 yr old who will be 3.5 in December. He's not much into make believe play he enjoys more hands on sensory stuff like painting or cooking. Just looking for some new things to do. ;)

Offline Jodes112

• Showing Appreciation 42
  • You got this! 🙌🏻
Re: Any ideas for activities for 3 yr old ?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 14:25:17 pm »
Dd really enjoys cutting and sticking at the moment! She will sit at the table for a long time & just cut bits of coloured paper, pictures from old magazines, crate paper. And then glue them onto a piece of paper. She uses the safety scissors & prit stick glue.
Jody
 xx

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 14:27:14 pm »
Does he like a play kitchen? Some =kids like the big role play stuff rather than the small world stuff.

We have a range of play-doh role play type activities.  Say cup cake making and decorating and chocolate box filling. The serving the pretend foods at the "cafe" where there is a menu and plates, a cash till etc.
Mine also got a moon dough set for his 3rd birthday which he loved, it was a pizza maker and had a little machine to make pressed dough shapes of pizza toppings.  it's hands on stuff which leads to role play, yk, so it's a kind of slow introduction to it.
I know here at nursery (age 3) the teachers like to see make believe play.

We have a kiddie safe knife that mine  has used for cooking since he was about 3yo. So he can make real dinner :) He has always loved it. Perhaps that is an option for your DS?

Sticker books - always a winner.

Offline ele

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 20:23:37 pm »
playdough, puzzles of varied complexity, lotto of varied complexity (more/less details), arts and crafts stuff (cutting, gluing, making books, making toys themselves), running, make-shift slide, hiding in a make-shift tent, hide-and-seek, checking out nature in season, inventing stories (going hunting etc etc)
also anything that you do at home and he likes copying can be a game, like dusting etc etc.

Offline ele

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 19:45:33 pm »
blocks with pictures. if the baby is patient he can put the picture together, if not he can build and destroy the towers ad nauseum. painting. Lego or other type of building blocks.