Author Topic: Hold my hand, I have an LSN...! Ideas for routine?  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
Hold my hand, I have an LSN...! Ideas for routine?
« on: March 19, 2017, 09:41:27 am »
Really DS1 is ASN/LSN kid and also impressed me in first months. Settled with a good routine later but was struggling with his A time and naps firstly. DS2 is even worse LOL:).

So we are 11.5weeks and he is 7-10days last due date so I would say he is 3mo, usually goes through his wonder weeks a tad earlier what just confirms my theory. Our last working routine was:
7am WU
9-9:45 nap - I wake, but this nap was getting shorter gradually from the moment his was born
11:45/12:00-2:15 nap
4pm nap - started as 1h nap, gradually went to 20min; if he slept 2:15+ on second nap he wakes by himself here after 20-30min
7:15/7:30 BT

And now we are facing UT wakings on second nap after 0:45/0:55/1:10/1:30 - in stroller he sleeps well (not even rocked, just in his winter suit on the balcony). Until 2/3 weeks ago he slept great also in his crib on this nap but right now he will wake every 5/10/20min after some moment in his nap and I can resettle and his eyes I closed but after 5/10min we have the same. I was thinking maybe it's developmental, waited 2/3 weeks for things to settle but nap is getting worse and worse and he starts to refuse 3rd nap. Soooo I need to push that routine a bit and I am thinking... should I leave 45min in the morning and push second nap or just cut morning on 30min. I think he still need some catnap in the evening but yesterday after stroller pushed nap of 2:15 he was resisting until 4:45 when he finally drifted for 15min.

I feed every 2,5-3,5h. Usually 7:15/7:30, 10:45, 2:15/2:30, 5:00, 7:15 and DF 10:45. He STTN.

I need an advice but also hand holding... I feel and I know he is LSN. But as his A are on the high side I am just afraid I won't be able to push further as it so unusual... really he is LSN. He can happily play for 2h without a peep like this morning. Ahhh why I am so afraid to push slightly more? It's I guess because he is off the books routine and I am afraid I am doing something wrongly.
~Marta

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Hold my hand, I have an LSN...! Ideas for routine?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 16:15:42 pm »
Having a LSN baby after 2 average/high kids was pretty strange...took me ages to figure it out - DD3 went to 2 naps at 4 months when I really figured it out. I kept the first nap as the longer one as it was the most reliable one and it worked better with school runs to do it that way. Our last nap when we had 3 naps was always the one where I used any prop that worked - usually she was on me in a wrap while I got supper cooked as her bedtime from birth was 8pm so the last catnap was quite late in the day.
Heidi

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 16:51:45 pm »
Great you are here Heidi:)! We will have to jump to that routine at nursery. Do you remember how quickly E approached 4h of A? At nursery nap can be at 11:15 I guess and DS1 got here at 9mo but being honest it was hard to push him there as he liked shorter morning A. DS2 likes a longer one but I am thinking loudly if at 6mo he will be able to do so. E was 7/8mo when transitioned to 1 nap fully?
~Marta

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 18:25:19 pm »
Yes she was around 7-8 months when we went to one nap (cold turkey as the 2nd nap just became such a struggle one day I just skipped it and ran with one nap). She has always been a fairly good night sleeper (averaging 11/11.5 rs when small, yk besides the usual teething and stopping nf's stuff) so her days were where she needed less sleep. At 3.5 we get 10.5 hrs overnight on average (she needs less sleep than DD2 does!).
Heidi

Offline -Maya-

• Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 19:40:26 pm »
Marta, I think it is easier to drop naps when night sleep is good. From what you was saying in other posts I think your ds2 is a good night sleeper.
I have only one example, that is not exactly lsn, but imho it is easier to push a longer morning A time that leads to a longer nap than the opposite. Especially in nursery they are stimulated a lot and so they do not fall accidentally asleep.
Otherwise you may ask to nursery staff to put him down for a short nap (30 min) maybe not in bed but in a reclined chair only. Here in good nurseries they allow it if the baby is as young as your ds2. Otherwise you can try to play with bt to move forward ds2 wu time to reduce his morning a time.