Author Topic: 7 Month old 30 minute naps  (Read 4282 times)

Offline newfather

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 20:50:33 pm »
1. She's been falling asleep independently for naps for a couple of months. She may need to be picked up once, twice is the exception.

2. Apart from very odd exceptions she's still happy, smiling and enjoying our company up until nap time, even the 4h awake period.

3. We've been trying to resettle after all naps for the last week or so. We'll let it go tomorrow and report back.

4. We give bonjela, but nothing stronger than that. If she is having teething pain she won't allow us to put the bonjela on her gums.

Thanks again for all your help.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 7 Month old 30 minute naps
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 15:02:05 pm »
I know some people do not like to give pain meds for babies - but I think the majority of the community here would suggest trying some pain meds especially during the worst parts of teething. Some paracetamol or ibuprofen which is labelled suitable for babies.  It's amazing how a LO who is waking with teething discomfort can suddenly transition to ta long nap once they have some pain relief.
TBH looking at your routine etc I am not sure if I can come up with any other reasons why she is not transitioning alone in her sleep cycle.  Perhaps it will become more clear when you hold off and observe for a couple of days.