Author Topic: Help with the 2-1 transition  (Read 10373 times)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Help with the 2-1 transition
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2017, 09:27:56 am »
she napped from 11:15-11:05,
not sure how long she napped as you have a typo here.

I would go for the EBT again. Middle of the night cot parties due to UT in the past are not necessarily going to show up again now. It is a different routine and different age/developmental stage.  Of course it is hard to know for sure what will happen, but trying to keep those A times relatively balanced and not over long due to CN refusal is a bit of a guessing game.

How many days in a row has she refused the second nap?

Offline clarem100

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2017, 09:44:31 am »
Been reading your posts and we're in almost exactly the same situation! My lo (nearly 14m) is terrible for afternoon nap refusal. She also suffers with reflux and we are exploring a possible dairy intolerance. So it's very hard to know if refusal is due to one of these things (she often gets trapped wind in the afternoon) or a nap development thing! I also have an older one that I have to pick up from school so have to leave at 11.45 and don't get home until 12.30 and this messes things right up. My lo seems to need a longer A in the morning which means her morning. So is getting very short as I have to wake her, but then she often will refuse the afternoon one and I end up having to cuddle her to sleep in her room and unfortunately she wakes if I try to put her down so I have to stay there :-( So reading your suggestions with interest!x

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2017, 13:47:27 pm »
Thanks for stopping by with support clarem100 :)
Do feel free to start your own thread too for individual support with your particular need.

One thing some people manage is to move LOs WU time in the morning so it is as late as possible before the school run in the morning which helps to move the nap later.  eg
WU 8.30 (and dart out to school)
nap 12.30 (after 4hr A) - 2.30
nap 5.30 - 6
BT 9pm/9.30pm which is later than I'd like but it could be something to think about.  When the CN is dropped the BT would naturally come earlier again.

Offline clarem100

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2017, 14:29:01 pm »
That would be a dream to have her wake at 8.30 haha!

Offline Tabathagucci

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2017, 15:36:56 pm »
Sorry we've all been sick trading it back and forth for 3+ weeks, will were when things get back to "normal."

Thank you!

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2017, 20:44:51 pm »
Oh that sounds horrible :(
Hope you are all on the mend now! x

Offline Tabathagucci

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2017, 15:07:52 pm »
We are, finally, thanks!  But now dealing with time change issues and trying to get used to having nap and bed time an hour later, which is good, just so different!  Sigh...it's never ending!

Offline Tabathagucci

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2017, 11:52:14 am »
Ok after time change hell and another round of sickness, we have been doing a 12 pm (due to time change, it was 11 am) set nap and a set bed time of 7/7:30.  If she sleeps a 20-30 min nap for some strange reason (stroller or car) I can get her a second nap but sometimes has to APOP.  So she's been on one nap for the better part of 2 weeks.  Her nap ranges from 1h10m to 2h10m.  I can't push it later at this point because I leave her home with hubby, he works from home, while she sleeps so I can get my son from school.  So I have to have her asleep by 12:15.
Anyway, my issue is now, she wakes every morning between 4 and 5 and won't go back down without nursing. One night she woke at 1:30 and wanted to nurse and then went back down till 6:50am.  Anyway, it's not the end of the world to nirse once a night, but she was sleeping through (albeit most times only 10.5-11 hours.  Would be nice to get back to that!
Any suggestions?  She's 13.5 months now.  Thank you!

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2017, 09:10:23 am »
Not sure, sorry. Do you want to post on BF or perhaps here on the Toddler board about the NWs and NFs to resettle her??
The only thin I can think of is that she is still settling into the new one nap routine and it's a bit messy (as is often the case) or possibly teething? but there could be something else that someone else would see?