Author Topic: 10 month old nap troubles and early waking  (Read 1372 times)

Offline laura034

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
10 month old nap troubles and early waking
« on: March 21, 2017, 17:30:12 pm »
Hi all I'm really struggling with what to do with my 10.5 month old boy Oliver he's never been a brilliant sleeper but we have muddled on but he seems so tired lately! We have always battled short naps but they have improved and we are managing at least one good nap a day although sometimes I have to extend a nap by breastfeeding back to sleep, but for the last 2 weeks we've had early wakings too! A typical day is

Wake 5.30-5.45 ( keep in cot until 6)
Nap 9.00 -9.15 (30-40mins) awake 10ish
Nap 1.00pm 1hr 10 mins if less I extend by breastfeeding awake 2.10
Bedtime 7pm

Oliver is an independent sleeper with no props he still wakes for a feed once a night but I'm fine with that as he's on the small side. His room has blackout blinded so I don't think light is the problem.
Hope you can help thanks Laura x

Offline ginger428

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
Re: 10 month old nap troubles and early waking
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 00:51:04 am »
Hi Laura,
The A time to bed might be a little longer than Oliver can handle, and his pm nap could be slightly later.  Could you try nap at 1:30pm?
Eventually, I'd also move the morning nap to 9:30/9:45 once he's settled on the 1:30 pm nap.  It's a bit early for his age and too early of a first nap can lead to early wake ups.

Offline laura034

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 13:36:31 pm »
Thanks for the reply!
I will try and push both naps a bit forward. It's the school run that causes problems as he falls asleep in the car! Everything has gone wrong today as Oliver is poorly he's got a really high temperature and has been asleep off and on all day but no other symptoms dr couldn't find anything wrong so just giving him calpol. I will let you know how we get on when he's better.

Thanks laura

Offline ginger428

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 17:36:34 pm »
Oh dear. Yes, wait til he's all better. Hope he's well soon! Xo