Author Topic: Wake to sleep successes?  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Toyah

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 27, 2017, 19:35:57 pm »
Hello, I have recently started EASY with my almost 5mo. We're on the 4hr routine and things are going well so far. Not perfect but it's only been a week and I'm pleased with our progress.
She settles nicely with SP and a pacifier (this has been a recent occurrence) but always wakes after 45 mins. In the problem solving book Tracey covers a bit on wake to sleep. I was wondering if anyone has any success stories on this? How to do it, what level of wakeup, basically any info that would help with this.
Many thanks x

Offline ginger428

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 02:22:54 am »
Hi Toyah!
This article reiterates what's in the books, but maybe we can bookmark it here for you.

How do I address habitual wakings? (wake-to-sleep and other methods)

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Wake to sleep successes?
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 16:43:18 pm »
Yes I did this- I would go in and kiss him on the cheek lol - this would make him stir enough for the W2S to work  :) :)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Wake to sleep successes?
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 18:07:13 pm »
If you are using shush/pat have a look at the link above but the section on naps option 1 which describes how to see your LO right through transition from one sleep cycle to the next, its a different W2S method, you help rather than disturb.

Between 3.5 and 5.5 months old I did not have luck with W2S either for extending naps (we had the short naps common with the 4 month regression) nor with early waking (he just woke earlier the next night) however at other times I had huge success with it and it was a real life saver when mine dropped to one nap at around 11 months. His one long nap went stupidly short (due to OT he woke every 20 mins) but I discovered I could do a super quick W2S, I was only in the room 2 mins to see him through that disturbance and by doing this he got a marvellous 2 hr nap and woke fully refreshed rather than screaming his head off.
I've seen many many threads where W2S has worked a treat for helping LOs this age - certainly worth a try.

Welcome to BW forums by the way - lovely to have you here :)