Author Topic: Help, back to throwing food  (Read 10064 times)

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2017, 20:15:04 pm »
She ate lasagna!!!!
I was sensible mum and didn't overface her, I gave her a realistic portion and she ate pretty much everything. I took it away when she said all done. I'm so happy today x

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Help, back to throwing food
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2017, 21:18:57 pm »
She ate lasagna!!!!
I was sensible mum and didn't overface her, I gave her a realistic portion and she ate pretty much everything. I took it away when she said all done. I'm so happy today x

Well done. I do think (hard as it is) taking a step back & worrying less improves how our children respond. If we get stressed then they do too, because they feel our energy no matter how hard we try to hide it.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2017, 01:05:19 am »
Great news!!!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2017, 07:32:39 am »
Brilliant update!!
Really happy for you!

Slightly OT but I had a friend who constantly battled with her child over meals, her child was much older, in school,  Every meal the child was served a huge portion and every meal they went through a 15 minute discussion/debate/argument about how much the kid "had to eat" and the meal was halved.  I never saw the point, just serve her a smaller portion and leave out the stress but it seemed this was a habit they had formed over many years, this daily haggling over how much to eat.  It was time consuming, dull, and interrupted everyone else's meal.

Small portions, your LO can always be given more, and no "deals" or debate over how much to eat, I really think that's the way to go.

Your LO is likely to still throw or drop food now and again and give you the look as she does it to see how you are going to respond, be prepared for it, don't respond in a big way and the game/battle will eventually get boring for her.

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2017, 11:27:02 am »
Thanks again for all your support. I am a new, mealtime stress free mum from now on. Lots of deep breaths and smiles x