Author Topic: Early wake protocol  (Read 3595 times)

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Early wake protocol
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 19:11:20 pm »
Good news :D

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 15:58:09 pm »
UPDATE with F/U Question:
Overall, things are going pretty well. My LO does still wake early (from my perspective...) Usually b/t 615-630 AM and she will often fall back asleep and we will then wake her at ~7:00am. The early waking does not seem to affect her morning AT.
Bed time is between 700-730

Question:
Could my LO early wakes be related to having too much daytime sleep? Or just habitual?

If I get her AT correct she tends to have 2, 2h naps.

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 18:40:23 pm »
To be honest an 11h night is pretty good and about all that some LOs will do.  My DS at nearly 3yo and in midst of nap dropping has *just* started doing 12h nights at times, but previously expecting more than 11h just wasn't going to happen.  So although I get that it's early, it's not an early waking in the true sense.  That said, it is interesting she will often fall back asleep.  How do you resettle her?  Does she need any help?

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2017, 19:02:50 pm »
We usually just leave her b/c she is not crying, just chatting and cooing. If she wakes at 615ish she will often fall back asleep after 15-30min. If she wakes at 645, she will not.

The "early waking" in this case does not really affect her or us much, so if it normal we will continue on her current routine for now.

Thanks