Author Topic: 18 months, wake2sleep?  (Read 1320 times)

Offline choc

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: March 31, 2017, 06:05:49 am »
Ds2 has started to be a bit more consistent in his morning wake up time, before he was all over the place. The last few days it was creeping earlier, he sttn and woke at 6.20, next day 6.15, next day 6.  Today he has slept til 7 but we woke at 4.50am for a quick resettle and last week he slept til 7 when dh accidentally woke him at 4.30am. So I am wondering if these 2 days he woke ever so  briefly in the night have acted as a wake to sleep and allowed him to sleep til 7am. Does that make sense?! Would it be worth a try?!
Gemma

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 18 months, wake2sleep?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 09:30:29 am »
Could be.
I have known people do a W2S disturbing their LO at the parents BT rather than getting up in the middle of the night - if you don't fancy getting up at 4am to try the W2S maybe do one at your own BT and see what happens?
I think it worked with my DS. I still disturb him now when I go to bed - I am the crazy mother who has to check he is still breathing before I can sleep even though he is now 6 years old!!

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 10:18:17 am »
Ah OK, I didn't know that, I will try that first then, thanks!
Can you refresh me how long you do it for before leaving them to see if it's worked?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 10:19:54 am by choc »
Gemma

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 18 months, wake2sleep?
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 17:52:04 pm »
Do say 3 nights then leave the 4th to see what happens. Then do another round if he doesn't sleep through then hold off on the 4th night again etc. It can take a few rounds so probably a couple of weeks at least, I'd only continue with additional rounds if there was success on the W2S nights though rather than zero success.  If it doesn't work at your BT on the W2S nights for several days then I'd probably try the 3-4am time instead - again for 3 nights wait on the 4th and a few rounds of it.

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 19:12:11 pm »
Thanks, that's great, I'll give it a go.
Gemma