Author Topic: preemie EASY sleep help!!  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Bncryer

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 05, 2017, 17:17:18 pm »
Hey, my 7 week old was born 6 weeks early. He is having a hard time staying awake for Activity times during the day. He wakes around every 3 hours to Eat but often times he barely wakes up enough to stay awake for his Activity time. I have tried bouncing him, laying him on his stomach, putting a wet cloth on his face, changing his diaper, but once I complete whatever task it is he falls right back to sleep. Then at night he doesn't sleep at all he is very awake during the night. HELP PLEASE!!!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: preemie EASY sleep help!!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 20:30:34 pm »
Hi and congratulations on your LO! 

What you are describing is totally normal I'm afraid!  Developmentally he is 1 week old, and all babies that age do is wake (briefly), eat and sleep.  There really isn't any A time to speak of :)  It also sounds like he hasn't quite got day and night sorted out yet, again very normal at this stage.  Just keep things fairly bright and noise-filled in the day (get him in natural daylight as much as you can) and then dark and quiet during night-time hours.  Even if he is awake at night his body will start to adapt slowly and he will in the next few weeks become more wakeful in the daytime. 

It's very early days so hang in there and rest when he does, if you can!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: preemie EASY sleep help!!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 20:36:52 pm »
Hi again, just noticed you have the same post on another board :)  Preemie EASY???  I'll lock this one now to keep all your advice under one heading.