Author Topic: 2-1 transistion at 9 months?!  (Read 8511 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2017, 11:32:03 am »
He's going to be 11 months and he's yet to sleep past 630 ever! Yesterday he went to bed later at 715 but he was still up around 545 I think. Like I said he's quiet in his crib so I don't really know when he wakes I just happened to look over at the monitor and saw that he was up. I haven't been rushing in to get him I kind of wait and see plus I'm just exhausted from the early wakes. But it just seems no matter when he goes to bed he's up at the same time.  Yesterday I'm pretty sure he was up around 545 time and he didn't go down for his first nap until 1015 It took him a little while to settle which it doesn't normally and he was up 30 minutes later!  So I actually got him to take a second nap from 230 until about 345 so I thought he might've slept later the next morning I even put him to bed later around 715 but no change. I'm just feeling so defeated and tired and just want to get him to sleep a little later in morning so I have a chance to wake up myself lol.  I'm used to the fact that he takes one nap and is pretty much up all day until bed But something's got to change with these early mornings.
Sorry for the long post I'm just so frustrated.

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 2-1 transistion at 9 months?!
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2017, 11:18:46 am »
I'm just feeling so defeated and tired and just want to get him to sleep a little later in morning so I have a chance to wake up myself lol.
I think you'd only have to do EBT once to know if it would reset the clock so to speak. He may still be up at 6am but with 13hr sleep, he may sleep better again the next night.

I thought you were getting up of your own accord and finding him awake - is that not the case?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2017, 11:45:45 am »
Yes when I wake like today at 6 he was already awake so I'm not sure when he actually woke but I haven't been running in to get him at 530.
So how early of a bedtime should I do? He only sleeps usually max 11 hours ( probably leas being that he's already up at that 11th hour but I'm just not up yet and he doesn't cry). I mean he only takes that one 1.5 hour nap I don't think it's unreasonable for him to then do a 12 hour night. Just need to somehow get him to sleep later. I'm afraid if I put him to sleep by 6 that he'll be up by 5!

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2017, 16:02:47 pm »
Once a week he does a catch up nap and sleeps 2.5+ hours too!!

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 2-1 transistion at 9 months?!
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2017, 20:14:27 pm »
If he's awake at 5 but not waking you, not sure why that's an issue?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2017, 21:44:38 pm »
I just don't feel ok with leaving him for long knowing he's awake waiting for me plus once I know he's awake I don't really fall back to sleep lol. And because I'm trying to get a later night later morning. Instead of 530 am- 630 pm 630 am to 7/730 pm.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2017, 11:05:30 am »
We've finally had some morning wakes at 630 or later this week for my 11 mo lo!!! We've put an ac unit in because of the heat maybe it's louder than the sound machine and helping to block out the cars and outside noises better? I'm not sure. He seems to still want to nap at 10 am no matter when he gets up and I've tried to push it out but his naps are shorter when I do. I've gotten a few 2 hr naps as well with only 3.5 hrs A time. Maybe he just likes the set nap time for now which is fine for me bexuae big brother starts summer camp next week and we need to be in the car earlier by 1145 for pick up. He still is only taking the one nap but he's asleep by 630/645 pm.