Author Topic: 13 months old waking every 2 hours....  (Read 1415 times)

Offline MunizLovas

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 04, 2017, 12:51:57 pm »
Hello everyone!

First of all thank you for taking your time and reading my post. I am absolutely desperate. I have a 13 months old little boy who has never been a good sleeper (he only slept through the night once and he wakes an average of 2-3 times a night) but the last three weeks or so he is absolutely awful. Waking up every 1.5 - 2 hours at night, screaming from the top of his lungs, arching his back. Even if he manage to fall asleep he is twisting and turning all night and I just can't seem to figure out what is going on. I know he is teething but no amount of calpol is improving the situation.

I have literally tried everything. Giving him more food before bed (maybe he is hungry) giving him less food before bed (maybe his tummy is too full) nightlight, no nightlight, even attempted to just let him cry for a while to see maybe he self settles (he did in the past but now absolutely resist it and need to be rocked to sleep) but nothing seem to work! I was thinking to request a food intolerance test from the GP as I literally have no idea what happened to him in the last few weeks.

He usually wakes up around 7-7.30
Have a morning bottle (but only a few ounces)
8: breakfast
10.00 snack
12. lunch
13 - 14.30 nap
15.00 "tea"
17.30-18.00 snack
bedtime routine and bed around 7-7.30

He decided to go down to one nap on his own about a month and a half ago. He had his vaccination about 3-4 weeks ago but I would have assume that the effect of it would wear down by now?

Any tips/ideas for this desperate mama?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 13:12:36 pm by MunizLovas »

Offline Donnarobbo88

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 13 months old waking every 2 hours....
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 21:24:53 pm »
I'm not an expert here but 13  months is so early to drop to one nap maybe he's really over tired and you could try going back two naps for a while x
Mommy To Three Boys
CJ 13/02/2012 9lb 5oz
Chad 04/03/2014 9lb 1oz
Cruz 12/01/2016 8lb 3oz

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: 13 months old waking every 2 hours....
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 06:48:14 am »
Hi, your routine looks good although he may be getting OT with all the night waking. Could you APOP a catnap around 4.30 to get you till bed time?

Has he shown any signs of food intolerances before? Reflux?