Author Topic: 7 months old - waking every hour and many more problems  (Read 3968 times)

Offline tired_mum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 7 months old - waking every hour and many more problems
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 20:42:57 pm »
WU: 5am
6am milk
8am breakfast
9:30am nap
11:00-11:15 snack
12:30 lunch
2.30pm nap
3.45-4.00pm snack
6.30 dinner
7.30pm sleep

He usually sleeps through the night.

Offline ginger428

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2017, 12:51:25 pm »
That's amazing to hear that he's sleeping through the night now, and that being on the side isn't affecting him anymore.
It's also great that you've got him on such a great routine! The routine is really good right now that I would hesitate to tweak too much... especially bc he is getting quality sleep at night.  Here is a list of what might be causing his EW... anything pop out at you?

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=253524.0

And he's also getting milk throughout the day, no?

Offline ginger428

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2017, 12:55:04 pm »
OH btw, the rule of thumb I had was to not go in to him until at least 6:00am.  Then I would open the curtains and make a big "good morning" show. If he was fussy before 6, I pretended it was the middle of night and kept things dark and quiet with minimal contact. 

Offline tired_mum

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2017, 18:21:38 pm »
Thank you for your reply.

Yea, he made great progress but I had to stop turning him to his side. It was a lot of hard work and patience involved since I didn't want him to cry at all. But we made it through.

He is not getting almost any milk through the day except the bottle in the morning. Our pediatrician said he is getting everything he needs and that this is common with allergic babies. Also when he wakes he is not hungry and has no problem wating for his bottle.
I have tried everything from this list and nothing is working. Today I have found a post where the mum said she had to cut the last nap in order to get a longer night. So we will try this for a couple of days to see what happens. Hopefully this works because I am out of ideas.

Offline ginger428

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2017, 16:52:52 pm »
Do you mean the last catnap? Was the other baby 7 months, too?  At 7 months, it's a bit early to be dropping to 1 nap. How about capping it?

Offline tired_mum

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2017, 19:59:13 pm »
My son is almost 10 months old now. But yea, my English is not so good. I didn't mean to drop the nap, I woke him up after an hour to see if it will help in the morning.

Offline ginger428

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2017, 21:44:51 pm »
Oh yes, definitely shortening the second nap can help!  How has it been. Usually it takes 3-5days to see any difference.