Author Topic: Why might my LO be having extended cot parties in the middle of the night??  (Read 1538 times)

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Hello,
Background: My LO is just over 6 months old and been eating solids for over a week. We are on the other side of the 3-2 nap transition and she naps pretty well most of the time. She seems to be on the tail end of a growth spurt and has been more irritable during the day than her norm. She has been waking a bit early 630-645 AM (chatting contentedly)...

Question: why might my LO be awake (chatting, cooing, content) for over an hour with no end in sight in the middle of the night? She has had these short "cot parties" in the past but never longer than 30 min and she always goes back to sleep. After all of us being awake for 90 min I resorted to nursing to sleep.

Any thoughts?

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Could be development, particularly if she's a bit crabby in the day too.  Any new skills she's trying to master right now?  (Sitting/rolling/perhaps even crawling?)

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
She has mastered rolling... That was the last sleep issue :)

Could be a little bit of both sitting and crawling, she definitely is trying to crawl. As for sitting, she sits pretty well if I put her in a sitting position, but I haven't seen her try to sit up on her own yet.

Thanks, these milestones are a mixed bag of excitement and sleep deprivation haha