Author Topic: Vicious OT cycle and regression (19 months)  (Read 1180 times)

Offline Girlstar28

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Vicious OT cycle and regression (19 months)
« on: April 12, 2017, 13:42:58 pm »
We are about 6 weeks into regression and I'm losing hope this will ever end.  DD turned 18 months 3/3/17.  Previously slept through the night since 5 mo the, dropped to one nap at Christmas.  Nap was about 1.5-2 hr.  At the 18 mth mark she started waking at night, early wakes and crap nap.  Nap we can count our stars if we get past an hour.  Waking between 5-6.  I've pushed bedtime back to 7:20 (previously 8) still no success.  We are in this ot rut.  Night wakings I won't go in because it escalates her upsetness.  Went in before and sat on her chair and she'd lay back down but periodically keep popping up to check if I'm still there.  She goes down fine touch wood at bedtime. She's out in a short period of time.  Early wake ups I don't condone this but I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place my husband says to pull her to our bed so she'll clock more hours and we'll sleep too.  She will toss but settle back in our bed.  But I HATE this and fear it's a bad expectation setting.  But at same time she is tired and needs the extra hours.  She's maybe getting 10 hours total sleep per day if we're lucky the last few days.  In the last 6 weeks we did go in a family trip to Disneyland.  No jet lag as when we came home she was sleeping past 7 am the first 4 nights home but then the weekend came and she was up before 6.  Not sure if it's anxiety cause she yells for me and if it's cause we shared a hotel room.  I feel like this is never ending and we are exhausted.  I try and get her to sleep more with earlier bedtime but it isn't fixing the problem. 

Offline ginger428

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
Re: Vicious OT cycle and regression (19 months)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 01:22:48 am »
Hi welcome to BW! You must be exhausted, but having been there, I promise this does pass!

Not sure if you already had responses, but if not, could you please post her routine in this format?

WU (wake up) 6:00
N (nap) ?
BT (bedtime) ? 7:20?
NW (night wake) ?

There seems to be a few things going on, probably including separation anxiety and sleeping habits, so depending on your goals, we can address those.

Offline Girlstar28

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 13:21:09 pm »
Touch wood and sacrifice to sleep gods, we seem to ha e turned a corner the last few days. She is going to bed and asleep at 8 and waking after 6.  Today was 6:40.  Nap yesterday was 2 hours and she woke part way and settled herself.  I will make many sacrifices to sleep gods now I hope we are back on track. 

Offline Girlstar28

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 13:22:26 pm »
Yesterday she woke at 6:30.  Napped 1:10-3:30.  Bedtime and sleeping just after 8.  Today woke at 6:40.