Author Topic: NEW to EASY, having napping troubles. HELP!  (Read 1265 times)

Offline SabrinaD

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
NEW to EASY, having napping troubles. HELP!
« on: April 12, 2017, 20:08:55 pm »
Hey everyone, well it's been awhile since I've had to do EASY. We accepted twin girls into our family almost 3 months ago. They were born full term and weighed a healthy 6lbs each. Our oldest is almost 6 so I feel like a FTM again.She was an easy baby, we did formula though and she followed this schedule like a champ once we got our routine.

So this go around, I've been feeding and doing everything on demand. I've been focusing on breast feeding, which I think is going well. I breast feed all day and at night my husband and I give one (4oz) bottle of pumped BM. Unfortunately a schedule will be hard to be strict with since my almost 6 year old goes to kindergarten and I have to pick her up everyday.

So here is the issues. Their awake time is just about an hour.

Morning
Wake: around 9am, we tandem feed after they wake.
A: spend most of the time doing tummy time and floor play. Swaddle and back in cots after about an hour of being awake.
S: This is the issue, we are lucky if they sleep more than an hour. Sometimes they wake after 20 minutes so someone told me to wait a few minutes, if they don't settle then offer more milk, burp and put back down. This maybe adds an extra 10minutes onto their terrible nap.
E: After their (maybe) 1 hour nap, when they wake baby A (always) takes a feeding and baby B will fuss and cry on the breast. She squirms and wiggles and almost falls off my lap. I have to put in a pacifier just to calm her down, wait a few minutes and then offer the breast again. I'm wondering if all of this feeding is affecting her reflux?

So the rest of the day that is what my schedule looks like. There are no set times because the girls can not stay awake longer than an hour without being super fussy. This last nap (1245pm) I thought I would try to offer the breast first, swaddle and put in beds. Baby B fussed before going on the breast. After the pacifier, took the breast for 5 minutes while baby A tried to fall asleep on me.

As the day progresses the naps get worse. They go from an hour, to 45minutes, to 30minutes, to non-existent. My husband gets upset because by the end of the night I am so worn out I just let them sleep on me from 7:30pm-9:00pm when we give them that 4ounce bottle. They take like 6 naps a day because they take terrible naps and are tired all of the time.

I'm seriously at a loss. I'm trying to do the best I can. People keep telling me that maybe its because they are still hungry after feeding on me and I should supplement or just pump and give bottles. This makes me want to cry because I just want to EBF during the day. In my heart I feel like they are getting enough but then all of the other opinions makes me question my confidence.

PLEASE HELP!!! I'm on the verge of a breakdown from this terrible naps all day :(

Offline SabrinaD

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: NEW to EASY, having napping troubles. HELP!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 21:11:43 pm »
I should add, I am constantly having to go in and settle naps. They each wake up all the time, like every 15minutes. Then if I give up and bring them out, they fall asleep at the breast. Ugh 😭😭😭

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: NEW to EASY, having napping troubles. HELP!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 11:22:45 am »
Hi there, We have lost some posts recently and so I think that this thread has been answered but the posts have been lost. If you need any more support please do post again x