Author Topic: 2 yr old back to not falling asleep on own, wiwo not working  (Read 6632 times)

Offline mommykay410

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 2 yr old back to not falling asleep on own, wiwo not working
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2017, 11:56:26 am »
Definitely need to get out of that room asap...Last night she was up at 10:30, 12, 1:30, 3:50, 5, 5:30, 6, then 6:45.   :(  From 5 on I laid on her floor because I knew she was going to get up every 30 minutes or so since that's what she's been doing in the early hours.

Offline Palmira78

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2017, 07:53:26 am »
Oh my God. Dear mommykay, you must be exhausted. Poor you, and poor your little daughter. Indeed you are going through a lot.
My best wishes and I hope that she can rest better soon. Big hug!

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2017, 12:21:22 pm »
How was last night?x
Zoe

Offline mommykay410

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2017, 17:32:10 pm »
I ended up trying to leave the room a bit last night, and it was semi-successful, as she would be ok for a while playing and singing, then would remember that I wasn't there and cry again.  I'd talk to her from outside the door for a bit, then go in and tell her that I would sit on the floor for a minute and then I was going to go out the door again.  I'm pretty sure I was outside the room when she fell asleep, and she didn't wake up until 4:30 this morning, but then she took til after 5 to fall back to sleep, was crying again at 6:10, and then up for the day at 6:30.  Hoping I can continue progressing with the wi/wo again tonight, but her SA is definitely still in full swing.  I had to hold her to fall asleep for nap again today, which means she will be up crying after an hour 10 on the dot.  DH put her down for nap yesterday because I wasn't home and she fell asleep on her own instantly and slept 1.5 hrs.  She still woke up from that crying for me though.  Any idea on how long this SA phase normally lasts?  It's easily going on 2 months now.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2017, 17:44:47 pm »
Sorry to hear things are still rough. Although ti does sound like you've made a little progress.

Birthday developments usually last a month or two for us, each and every birthday.
Thing is your LO has a sibling arriving any day now too so she is bound to have great anxiety/excitement.

It could possibly go easier with naps and nights if you were able to tweak the routine, as was mentioned previously but obviously you have constraints there.

You'll be having this new LO any day!! Wow!!

Offline mommykay410

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2017, 00:59:55 am »
The longer we wait for this baby to arrive, the more anxiety I get about her sleep issues.  Not sure how I'm going to handle having to sit on her floor for an hour while recovering from delivery or when I'm supposed to be nursing the baby.  But I suppose we will make it through, even if it's with lots of screaming! 

I tried putting her down 30 mins later tonight, but that caused us to be back to screaming "mommy holda" for quite a while until she finally settled.  I was stuck sitting in the room again, as she does not seem to handle the verbal reassurance from outside the room too well.  I tried to inch my way further out the door as she was more settled so that my legs and side were still visible but not all of me.  She fell asleep at 8:45, so we'll see how long she ends up sleeping tonight.  She only napped an hour again today, so she was definitely OT.  It's like she has an alarm set for 2:20 and wakes up then regardless of when she fell asleep.