Author Topic: 6mo frequent night waking  (Read 4399 times)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 6mo frequent night waking
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 20:08:35 pm »
If you can burp him by rubbing his back rather than patting  it can be soothing and doesn't have to wake him. Either way, the gas will be more disruptive to his night sleep and yours so I'd suggest burping him after NFs too. You may find he doesn't wake as often.

Can you write out your EAS again so we can see what its like? Also can you describe NWs and what you do at each one?

Offline leesa001

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2017, 06:17:09 am »
Wake and nurse 7
E 8 breakfast.  Cereal and fruit
S 10 to 1130
E 1130 nurse
E 1200 lunch vegetables
S 230 or 3 to 4/430  here he may sleep 2 hours but most times less
E 3/4 nurse
E 530 dinner
6/630 bath
700 nurse and bed

1000 nurse
Last night he woke at 11, 1130, 1200 (nursed) , 100  (gave him camilia for teething)  .130, 200 (nursed)
All other wakings  I gave him a pacifier roll him onto his side and told him go to sleep . 
He usually doesnt wake thisoften.  Normally 4 times per night ,but is going through the 35week wonderweek at the moment  and teething

During the day his activity is usually preoccupied with  crawling around the house exploring.  Playing with his toys, reading books, or going for a stroll.
As such, he has quite an appetite during the day, and enjoys eating solids.

Offline becj86

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2017, 09:20:12 am »
All other wakings  I gave him a pacifier roll him onto his side and told him go to sleep .
Does he just roll over and go back to sleep fine? Is he upset at all when he wakes?

Offline leesa001

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2017, 06:57:29 am »
Yes he will half the time roll over ans go straight back to sleep.  If the pacifier doesn't work and he is upset I will try to offer him water, but that usually makes him more upset because he just wants the boob. I will only offer three breast if it's been at least 2hrs since his last feeding.but I'm trying to stretch this out

Offline becj86

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2017, 09:44:42 am »
is going through the 35week wonderweek at the moment  and teething
I think his might be a large part of your answer.

Something else to consider would be whether there is wind pain involved - are you burping him after feeds? If you're just out of a growth spurt, he may be taking in a bit more air than usual at night feeds til he gets used to your increased flow and/or it reduces a bit following the GS.