Author Topic: 18mo early waking, NW!  (Read 1214 times)

Offline SusieQue

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 21, 2017, 10:49:34 am »
Hi ladies, I've posted on here before as my LO has never really slept through the night properly and now we're just hung from bad to worse! He sometimes wakes any time from 1am onwards, he just wants to be picked up and cuddled until he falls back asleep (which can take up to an hour). I don't really mind this (though I'd of course prefer if he slept through!) but the real issue is that he still wakes at any time from 4.30am and won't go back to sleep! I've moved his nap to 12pm and he usually sleeps until 1.30, then BT at 7 but maybe I should move it back further? He has never tacked on his sleep so if we do an early bedtime he just wakes at 4 ready to start his day! He is mostly an independent sleeper although I do have to be in the room sometimes, he only gets cuddled back to sleep at night wakings. Is this the issue? Should I be leaving him in his cot when he wakes? He's always been an early waker but this is getting ridiculous! We've tried giving him a bottle at 4.30 and sometimes he goes back to sleep until 5.30 maximum, but it's hit and miss. Any suggestions where we are going wrong? He has never slept through the night so as you can imagine we are pretty exhausted (especially with another early rising 5 year old!)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 18mo early waking, NW!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 18:54:44 pm »
Hi there, well 18 months is prime sleep regression so could be partly this but I'd also say he's got used to some middle of the night snuggles.

He could be OT from all the EW, I know you said he doesn't tack on but it might be worth an EBT if he's waking at silly o clock anyway. Then you might get a better solid night and he can catch up...if that makes sense!?
Zoe