Author Topic: Almost 7 months need schedule help  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Twosweetgirls

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 24, 2017, 17:04:05 pm »
hello.  i've been on so much in the last few months. Here is my attempt at another schedule.  I think this LO of mine is in the 3-2 transition and we've been so bad at sleep for the last few months I couldn't tell for a while.  But I can't do the optimum schedule because I have two other kids and school driving to do.  So i'm hoping I can get some feedback as to whether this looks like it would work also. 

7 wake up and feed
8 solids
930 see if she needs a BF
10-11 nap
11 wake up and feed (and drive)
1200 solids
1230 see if she needs a BF
130-4 sleep (trying to make the nap this long)
730 Asleep in bed

I may have to adjust bed time to later so I can arrange it with the other kids.  What would I  need to adjust if I had to do that?

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Almost 7 months need schedule help
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 18:47:52 pm »
What is her current routine like, and what are the times you need to be out?  That's often a better place to start :)

That said, if she reads the plan ;) then I'd just have a couple of comments about the plan above.  First I'd probably drop the 9.30 and 12.30 breastfeeds and just go for a wake, feed, A time, nap cycle - so feeds at WU, after each nap and before bed.  Second I'll be honest and say I think the plan for a 2.5h afternoon nap is optimistic....nice if you can get it and have a GREAT napper, but neither of mine did naps that long until on one nap.  But you may get lucky!  Do you have a sense of your LO's sleep needs? 

I guess the only thing to do is try it and see what happens? 

If you need a later bedtime I would try to have the afternoon nap coming later (if you can do that without LO getting OT) by just slightly pushing that middle A time x

Offline Twosweetgirls

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 18:16:35 pm »
Thanks so much for the reply. I am struggling to make the normal nap times work. I am gonna try a tiny bit longer activity time and maybe that will help the afternoon. I'm sure I'll be back for help again!

Offline Twosweetgirls

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 18:25:51 pm »
YAY!! i Just wanted to first celebrate that its been about 2 days of my daughter doing much better at daytime, and a little better at night.  I have had more at home days so that made it all easier.  YAY.  She is easily falling asleep by herself, and I can see our routine much better.  Today she woke up hungry in the morning!  She eats so much at night that she isn't even hungry in the am! So, now onto the next goal- night time sleep.  So I will take note of enough days routine that our uneven weekly schedule shows.  Then come back here for more help.  I can't decide whether to do a 3 night push, or do it with smaller changes.  Or even what a good goal is for her night times.  I will ask all when I write down her routine!!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Almost 7 months need schedule help
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 18:41:30 pm »
That's good news - will look forward to seeing your next post :)  Feel free to start a new thread if you feel it is a separate issue and want some more eyes on it, or you are very welcome to continue to post here x