Author Topic: HELP~!28 mth NW, nap dropping  (Read 2348 times)

Offline sszskristy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 25, 2017, 11:18:52 am »
There are just too many sleeping issues since DD turned two, it has been on and off for a few months now. Just can't figure what is going on. Please help.

Background: DD is always a good and independent sleeper, we stick to 7-7 routine for a really long time.  Everytime when we had a SR, it would pass within 4-6 weeks and she would totally came back to normal after that.

No1: Nap dropping. We just started child care this year, Tuesday and Thursday. She rarely sleep there. I can understand that because she never sleep in a noisy environment, we always come back home on time, never let her sleep in car or pram outside. And also she is 2 now so it is fine to me if she doesn't nap at daycare. And since she found out that she didn't have to nap everyday, she started to refuse napping at home. The good thing is that she would like to have quiet time in her own room for at least an hour. She will catch up on some days, like she will nap 3-4 days per week now. It seems fine, but I am not sure if this lead to another bigger problem, which is literary bothering us, NW.

NO2:NW. Since she started to drop nap, she would cry and scream in the midnight, on and off. But she did that for three nights in a roll in the last 3 days, which finally make me to seek help here again. I don't know if it is because of the nap transition. For the 3-2 and 2-1, we had no problem. The only solution is that to put her in our bed and sleep together.

Other reasons: We did move to a new house 5 weeks ago, but when we just moved in, she had good sleep for at least 2 weeks. And we travel a lot, she has no problem with that no matter she sleep in a cruise ship or any hotels.
Fear of dark? I haven't try night light, but she is 2 yrs and 4 month now, she will tell me when she is afraid of something, she never mention anything about dark. And when she goes to bed, she is always very happy to say good night to us.

Routine: Go to bed around 7:30 when has naps, and I limit the nap to 1.5 to 2 hrs. If no nap, go to bed at 7:00. Usually wake up 7ish, but since she had these issues, she was up at 6:00 for a few times.

So that's it. Just have no idea where these come from. And what I should do. Please help!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: HELP~!28 mth NW, nap dropping
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 15:03:06 pm »
Hi - there could be some OT creeping in here - could you try a really early BT on no nap days? Like maybe 6pm?

Offline sszskristy

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 02:47:40 am »
Hi - there could be some OT creeping in here - could you try a really early BT on no nap days? Like maybe 6pm?

Since she started NW, she would nap the next day for 2-2.5hrs to catch up, except the day care day. So I am not sure if it is not enough.

Today she goes to day care and if she doesn't sleep, I will try to put her down around 6:30, thank you.

Offline sszskristy

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 02:55:34 am »
Hi hun another question, what if she naps, like 1.5 or 2 hrs, when should I put her down for bedtime?

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 21:49:14 pm »
Sounds like she is tagging on her missed sleep in her nap the next day. By transferring that to the more restorative night sleep by the early BT hopefully she won't need that longer nap. The trouble you can get into is that she has that nap as she is OT and then she is UT at bed time  :P How does she seem at BT after the long nap? She does seem to have a good stretch at night time - 12 hours? That is really good!

Offline sszskristy

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 09:14:03 am »
Sounds like she is tagging on her missed sleep in her nap the next day. By transferring that to the more restorative night sleep by the early BT hopefully she won't need that longer nap. The trouble you can get into is that she has that nap as she is OT and then she is UT at bed time  :P How does she seem at BT after the long nap? She does seem to have a good stretch at night time - 12 hours? That is really good!

Hi I did exactly what you told me, bedtime at 6pm yesterday  because she didn't sleep at daycare. It was a right decision, she fell asleep very soon and no crying during midnight. Although she woke up very early this morning, 5:40am, but I was happy with that because it is almost 12hrs sleep without midnight crying. I put her in our bed and we fell asleep together after maybe half an hour? Anyway we all woke up at 7:30am this morning. And she had a 1.5 hr nap today from 1:00pm to 2:30pm. According to our old routine, I am going to put her down 7:30pm, I'll see how things going tonight.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 16:40:19 pm »
Wow great start! Thanks for sharing xx

Offline sszskristy

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 03:27:36 am »
Wow great start! Thanks for sharing xx
Hi Hun, I'm so frustrated. It is still the same wether she had nap or not, go to bed early or late, still NW.
When she wakes up during night, we take her to our bed and she will be fine for the rest of the night, honestly, we are too tired to do the WIWO or anything else, just want everybody to fall asleep asap. But the problem is that I am not sure if it is a right thing to do, because last night when my husband heard her crying and went into her room, guess what? she already hold her blanket and pillow and got ready to our bed. I don't know if they can wake themselve on purpose? For the past SR, we once did the same thing, and I also worried if it could become a habit, but when the SR passed, everything will come back to normal, you won't hear anything from her room. But I am not sure about this time, she seems know she would transfer to our bed every night and wake up in our bed. What do you think?

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 12:04:54 pm »
Sorry I missed your reply x how are things now? x

Offline sszskristy

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 12:05:49 pm »
Sorry I missed your reply x how are things now? x

Hi if you are still watching this, please help:( It has been two months now, and things have changed as well.

Firstly, she officially drop nap now, she only took nap 4 times during the last 2 months, including when she was sick and had fever for two days.

Since last time you let me adjust the bedtime to 6, it did work for a while. But since she started drop nap completely, the NW came back.

So I've been trying an earlier bedtime for 2 weeks now, around 5:40. She does fall asleep immediately. But it is not helping the NW at all.

So I am wondering if this could be 2.5 yr SR rather than OT? She turned to 2.5 yr last month.

And when she wakes up during the night, the only thing we can do is co-sleeping. It is really not my thing...can't sleep well:(