Author Topic: Advise on EW for 13 month old  (Read 1382 times)

Offline peanutmom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: April 26, 2017, 19:59:48 pm »
I have been here before, and your kind words and awesome advises helped me so much, so now, when we have lost our mornings, I decided to come back here again hoping to find some answers.

My 13month old for the last 2 months slept beautifully 7pm-6.30am with 1 hour nap at 9.30am and 1 hour around 1.30pm. Sometimes naps were 30min or up to 90min. But for the last 5 days its hell  :'( She is up at 5am-5.30am... Screaming for 5-10min and then off and on again till we get her. We have tried to shhh her but it only makes it worst. Tried to shorten her morning nap to 30min, but omg.... she is not herself when we wake her up. And whole day is just a mess. I am ready to try anything! Please any advice would be so helpful. Some notes - walking, almost running, eating solids 3 times a day, and milk right before bed 7-8oz, no pacifier. 

Offline Crispysage

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Advise on EW for 13 month old
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 18:31:11 pm »
I'm in the same boat. Except I have been in it for a lot longer.. ::) my first LO was always a 5am-er and now they wake each other, sometimes before 5. SO although I am no expert because I have had no success... I have done quite a bit of asking and reading.

Sounds like you need to lengthen your 3hr awake time to at least 4hrs. Although the last A time (2:30 - 7) was 4.5 hr. I would Start with that first nap at 9am, moving it by 15 mins every 3 days or so till you get to 10 and hopefully by then it has righted itself. (Nip it in the bud before it becomes habitual!) Then all nap times move a bit later, just watch you how LO responds to sleeping past 3:30pm if BT is 7pm. (Mine can do 4pm and still go down happily at 7, but I try avoid it.)

also, if you havnt already read this, do so.

Early Waking

Offline peanutmom

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 19:21:35 pm »
Thank you for your reply!

Her last A time is almost always 4 hours as she wakes up 3ish pm from her 2nd nap and BT is 7-7.15pm. We have tried mowing BT to 7.30pm but it didnt work and she was so OT and woke up 5-6 times that night.

Why do you think we need to move her 1st nap to 10am?

Offline Crispysage

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 20:55:11 pm »
So between 12 and 18 mo they usually drop to 1 nap, so it's possible your LO total sleep needs are just lessening? Just a thought. Re pushing the first nap later - I've had that advice here 2ce before now and am currently trying to implement iyself. Best I can tell is that first nap risks "joining" the previous night's sleep if it's too early or maybe too long. I think it's mentioned in that link I posted. Good luck and I hope you get some more expert advice!!!

Offline peanutmom

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 01:05:47 am »
Hmmm that's interesting, as her 1st nap is always great, and if we would let her she can sleep for 2 hours in the morning. Daycare decided to try 1 nap day today (without letting us know :( ), 1-3pm, BT was 7pm as always, so lets see her day will be tomorrow, will keep you posted.

Crispysage: did you figure out what works for you?

Offline Crispysage

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 10:36:22 am »
Not yet! I'm still works bg in getting first nap shorter and later, and a fro click for LO#1

Offline Crispysage

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 07:56:24 am »
How is it going? Maybe read my current question thread which is kind of similar and answered by a moderator! You should PM her if you feel you need more help and you are only getting helped by a newbie!

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=286409.0

Offline peanutmom

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 13:55:41 pm »
Crispysage, thank you for checking in... It means a lot :)
It's not going well :/ we are trying everything right now, later AM nap can only be 1,5 hour, she wont nap more, then PM nap we did only 30min, and BT 7 ( she was pooooooped and fell asleep within a min). Up again today 5.30am, not crying, but by 9am it took us all energy we had to keep her up till 9.30am when she just passed out. No idea what to do now.
I see it might be OT, but after trying everything, the only thing left is to push BT to 7.30PM and hope this will get her to sleep till 6-6.30am.

Checking your thread now :) thank you again.

Also, what is your total sleep hours? For a 1 year old should it be 12 or 14?

Offline peanutmom

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 13:55:38 pm »
Thought I would post am update, maybe this could help someone who is having the same issue.

Last 3 days we decided to let her nap as much as she wants. WU was 5.20-5.40am but no crying, and going back to sleep (kind of, rolling all over her bed) then up for sure around 6am and we would get her at 6.30am. Nap for 2-2,5hours 9.30am. Then no PM nap and 7pm BT.
She seems to be happy with this schedule as we dont have to cap her AM nap, when she always was upset that we woke her up.
I'm thinking about moving her AM nap later and later by 15-30min till we get to 12.30PM 2-2,5hour nap. And after that if we still have 5am-ish EW, then we will move BT by 30min.

If someone tried this, please let me know if this is the right way or if there is anything else we should know.