Author Topic: Help to get back in the EASY track  (Read 3677 times)

Offline fim105

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 18:38:19 pm »
Thanks I saw the HV today who advised to stop the goats milk and start a comfort milk instead and also recommended referral to paediatrician. I think I will stop the ranitidine until I speak to gp, at the time the pharmacist did say that it was a high dose but the gp had probably rounded the number for ease of measuring out, he didn't say it was too high eeek my poor poppet I hope that's not making him worse, I did think it made his sickness worse initially. I will get some of the easy digest formulas.
I hate reflux   :-[

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Help to get back in the EASY track
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 18:55:55 pm »
Sounds like plan to me!

I wouldn't stop the ranitidine though until you see the Paed, as it could be some time. I would stick with the 2.5ml dose twice a day though, it is a little bit too high for his weight but he could have his max dose 3x per day which would be more in total than 2 x 2.5ml so stick with it.

Laura

Offline fim105

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2017, 09:24:40 am »
Do you know if the sma stay down milk can be used with the perfect prep machine?or any of the comfort milks that def can't be see with it?

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Help to get back in the EASY track
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2017, 11:38:51 am »
No idea to be honest - they are made the same way as normal formula as far as I remember.

To be honest though, the perfect prep machines aren't the safest way to prepare formula - the hot shot isn't enough to kill any bacteria present in the formula powder. From what I have heard Health Visitors and midwives are advising not to use them. There have been incidents of the insides of the machines growing mould too :-X.

Laura