Author Topic: Baby not hungry at 3hr mark  (Read 2580 times)

Offline Livitobysmama

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 17, 2017, 10:56:29 am »
Hi there,
I followed 3hr EASY with my eldest and now have a 7week old and have been following 3hrly EASY (for feeding atleast, he is still very sleepy!) For a few weeks now. However, the last few days ive noticed he just isnt hungry at the 3hr mark and will throw up his entire bottle if i try to feed him his bottle. Does anyone have any advice? At night he goes from the 10.30 dreamfeed to anywhere between 2 and 4am and then on to anywhere between 6 and 7.

Thanks!

Offline Kimbayley

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 02:03:21 am »
I have just had similar for a few days with my 6 week old. He seems to now have got some of his appetite back. Maybe just a phase? He still has the odd feed where he will only take 60ml instaed of his usual 120. I just assume he is not hungry as he is otherwise well.

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Baby not hungry at 3hr mark
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 21:41:21 pm »
Your nights sound great!

You could let him stretch to 3.5 or 4 hourly feeds or just offer a bit less if you want to stick to 3 hours. Formula fed babies do go longer between feeds sooner than breastfed babies and often before their A times are up to it. It's fine to feed at longer intervals but you won't get a "proper" EASY until their A times catch up.

Laura