Author Topic: I'm ending up with an awfully overtired baby due to sleep training  (Read 4645 times)

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Re: I'm ending up with an awfully overtired baby due to sleep training
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2017, 19:24:06 pm »
I would try maybe 1.20hr and see what happens!  The move to a 1.5hr A time at 12 weeks can happen pretty quickly.

Offline Alina.fluturas

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2017, 20:47:01 pm »
Thank you Lindsey , to be honest by the time we finish nap routine and put him in his cot it is about 1.20hs awake time.
I will persevere anyway.
I just can't understand why when he falls asleep in his cot in a dark room with white noise he can't get passed the 28 min mark, yet when he falls asleep while held i with TV on and loads of light in the lounge and I transfer him on the coach after only10-15 mins he will stay asleep for 1.5hs with some stirring but falling back asleep. I'm missing something obviously

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2017, 13:33:35 pm »
to be honest by the time we finish nap routine and put him in his cot it is about 1.20hs awake time.
It could be that he need more "A" time and less of a wind down if that makes sense? So maybe give him full A time until 1.15 and then a quick 5min wind down.  This was absolutely an issue with my son is that I used to do too long of a wind down, often 15-20mins because I thought that he needed that long to fall asleep, when really he needed more activity and his wind down was taking so long because he was actually UT.