Author Topic: How to encourage independent naps  (Read 3656 times)

Offline J-mum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2017, 11:18:33 am »
Today so far not great.

After dreamfeed last night. Woke for feed at 2:40 and at 6:10, from experience if she wakes and I get her up before 7-7:30 she is exhausted and can't stay awake long so I put her back in bed after feed and she went back to sleep.

WU: 8:10
E: 9:10
A: until 9:45
S: 9:45 - 10 13 went to sleep really easily but woke less than 30mins. I tried and failed to resettle in cot so lifted and cradled, eyes where closing clearly tired but just couldn't go over.
A: 10:13 - 11:30
E: 11:30 early feed offering because she was awake 1hr15 and would normally be settling to sleep.
S: 12:05, tired and failed to get her I to sleep in cot so I lifted her and currently sleeping in my arms

Don't understand why she isn't staying asleep.
Yesterday afternoon around 1400 as he slept for 5mins but I stayed with her so I can keep up the cheek stroking that helped her go off in first place but she still woke.
Used to get more often than not she'd wake at 46mins but not its after any length of time

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: How to encourage independent naps
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 11:48:52 am »
I wonder if you are waiting a bit too long before putting her for her nap?  A time would be around 1hr 20 at this age. Some of your A times are quite a bit longer which could lead to restless sleep due to being a bit over tired.  Of course when LO doesn't go to sleep exactly when we want them to the A time naturally extends and you can't force them to sleep.

Is the reflux definitely under control do you think?  These short naps could be discomfort?

Offline J-mum

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 21:10:16 pm »
Yeh my A times can go way over. I start to settle her at around 1hr-1hr10. I was putting her down at first sign then started tryin to put her down before first sign incase the first sign came too late. When I start to settle her at first sign she usually goes to sleep really quickly but can't stay asleep lobg. Today she was sleeping in under 10mins nd and last 24mins and took 30mins to go back to sleep.

Other times it takes her ages to go to sleep but last max of 46mins before waking lately earlier

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: How to encourage independent naps
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 08:47:02 am »
You could try holding through the jolts when she's likely to wake so shortly after falling to sleep. There's information about pressure through the jolts towards the end of this link:
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=223809.0

It could also be that LO is uncomfortable with reflux when laying down so sleep is disturbed because of this.

Offline J-mum

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2017, 20:41:41 pm »
Thanks for the link.
Today I managed to get longer naps had to be in my arms and not independently. She woke up at random points in the nap but managed to get her back over.
I'm goin to spend the next day or two monitoring her sleep and see if she goes back to waking at the same point and I will try extend the naps then hopefully we can get her down for sleeps.