Author Topic: Developmental? Is there anything I can do?  (Read 1138 times)

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Developmental? Is there anything I can do?
« on: May 15, 2017, 20:57:49 pm »
Me again!

I have a rediculously OT baby and I can't do anything for her.
I get a reasonable 1st nap, no longer than 1:15 but my 2nd nap is usually 35 min (unlike other OT naps I can't  seem to resettle this one) and that is after 2 attempts at putting her down (not settling in 10-15 min), the 2nd time she settles after 30 min (half of that is crying).

When I put her down for her 2nd nap she shows sleepy cues (between 3-3.5h) but spends her time traveling about the crib. She has been trying to crawl and she has been making huge gains in that Dept. She now gets up on all 4s and rocks. Even when she is tired she travels around.

This gives us a very OT baby that we end up putting down early (between 6-630 depending on how long it took to get her down for a nap)

We sometimes get an OT wake 30 mins after BT that requires PU PD, other times she is passed right out.

She will also randomly wake in the night and travel about and play contentedly (60-90 min).

I am guessing it is developmental? Any other suggestions?

If so, can anything be done? Do I have to wait this one out? Should I be waiting to put her down when she is very tired (OT) to avoid this 45 min battle to get her down?

If perchance she sleeps well for 2nd nap (still waiting/hoping) is it better to cut nap short to be able to make transition to bed time? Or would you recommend letting her nap and pushing bed time back?

Thanks again for your insight...

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Developmental? Is there anything I can do?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 17:50:46 pm »
Hi there
I just saw you didn't get any answers to this thread yet so thought I'd stop by.

I've seen on your other thread LO is cutting a tooth and you are away for the weekend.  Let us know how you things settle down after your trip or if you still need help then x