Author Topic: I think my 9mo wants to drop to 1 nap already... what do I do?!  (Read 3130 times)

Offline peepip

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: I think my 9mo wants to drop to 1 nap already... what do I do?!
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2017, 20:22:38 pm »
No, he wakes up naturally from all naps. I put him down between 7 and 7:15 and he doesn't fall asleep until 7:30. Should I put him down earlier??

Edit- wanted to add he's been in a foul mood in the mornings too, the past 2 days so I think the lack of sleep is starting to effect him  :(
I feel like I'm doing all I can to help him sleep more but he just can't/won't. Is this likely a phase?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 21:09:47 pm by peepip »

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: I think my 9mo wants to drop to 1 nap already... what do I do?!
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2017, 17:40:40 pm »
If he'll go down earlier for BT then I'd try that, thr is a chance he will wake the same time the next morning but having had a longer night sleep.  Thing is, he could also do the same length night and wake earlier - it's a bit of a gamble. I'd try it for a couple of days though. It does sound like he needs more sleep.

The other thing you could go for - if he refuses an earlier BT - is to extend the second A time so that he sleeps longer for his CN, however this means later to bed for the night too as he will likely need a decent length A time before agreeing to BT yk?