Author Topic: Help!!! 4 week old frequent wakings after put down for naps and night time  (Read 1730 times)

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Baby is 5 weeks old. It seems when I put him down for naps or night time sleep he wakes frequently. Last night for example he woke at 6:15pm... fed him.. bathed him ... feed again and put down for bed at 7:30pm... he woke on and off again until 9:15pm until he finally fell into a deep sleep. His naps are somewhat the same.. some he goes easily others require a lot of in and out to het him to settle. The real issue is getting him to settle in his bed. I try the shhh pat and even that doesn't seem to work. I also do the 4 s.... I go in.... pull the blinds... give him soother... sit and snuggle for a bit... when drowsy I put into crib... then he is up again looking for soother or needing to settle... what am I doing wrong? It's been a long few days with this and wondering what I am missing... is he ot or under tired?

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Just wondering if you are swaddling at all?  I know both mine would jerk themselves awake if they weren't swaddled.  My DS was also severely gassy (and colicky ::) ), so I usually had to give him some gas drops to help relieve his tummy so he could settle.  Those are 2 things that just popped to mind.  Honestly though, my DD slept in the swing for her naps for the first few weeks for sure, that's obviously long a long-term goal, but might help for right now?

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
He doesn't like to be swaddled as he likes his hands in his face. But last night I resorted to it after finally giving up, I also had to hold him up on my shoulder too. See when he takes the soother and it comes out, I have to go back in and put the soother in alllllll the time it's very frustrating. He gets to about the 45 min mark and es up and then trying to get him to sleep until his next feed or close to it is a challenge

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
See I think he is over tired which is why he waking early from his naps. Today he was up at 7:30-went down for nap at 8:30ish and woke at 9:15ish..... so hard to say if he is ot or under tired... I know 30 min waking s are it forsure. I prefer him to sleep in the crib and he likes it for the most part. He likes it where there is no stimulation just the dark and white noise for about 45 mins lol