Author Topic: Quick question - position after shush/pat  (Read 3838 times)

Offline Oriental_noodle

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Quick question - position after shush/pat
« on: May 29, 2017, 02:17:52 am »
LO is 4 months old.

1. Can I keep my LO to sleep on the side even after he falls asleep w the shush/pat method? Even after he's asleep, He will cry immediately when I try to turn him over.

2. At which stage of the sleep cycle should I turn him over?

Thanks

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Quick question - position after shush/pat
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 18:44:07 pm »
Hi there, at this age the recommended safe position for sleep is on the back in a room with parents.  If you choose to sleep your LO in another position then that has to be your individual decision after you have weighed up the risks and benefits for yourself, and I would think that LO should be observed at all times if you do so.  Some options could be to shh pat when lying on his back (I just laid my hand across the nappy area and patted the opposite hip) or to wait until in deep sleep (around 20-25 mins into a nap) and try turning at that point. 

Offline Oriental_noodle

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 04:19:26 am »
Hi there, at this age the recommended safe position for sleep is on the back in a room with parents.  If you choose to sleep your LO in another position then that has to be your individual decision after you have weighed up the risks and benefits for yourself, and I would think that LO should be observed at all times if you do so.  Some options could be to shh pat when lying on his back (I just laid my hand across the nappy area and patted the opposite hip) or to wait until in deep sleep (around 20-25 mins into a nap) and try turning at that point. 
Thank you for the response.

My LO is a very light sleeper. He would wake up even after I waited for 30 mins with his eyes shut completely and slower/relaxed breathing. I often have to pat hik through the entire nap 

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 18:41:19 pm »
Did you want to post your routine for us?  I wonder if he is waking naturally at the 30 minute mark anyway?