Author Topic: 8 Week Baby Naps for 45 min... HELP!  (Read 1823 times)

Offline regina1987m

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Mommy of two little darlings!
8 Week Baby Naps for 45 min... HELP!
« on: June 05, 2017, 20:49:23 pm »
Hello,

Me and my LO have been on the EASY schedule ever since we came back from the hospital. As the book says, not all days have been good. In fact, I have been having a lot more trouble this second time around getting my daughter to follow the routine (my first daughter was a textbook baby).

Nights have been very good overall. She gets pretty fussy, not to say histerical, right after her bath and sometimes continues to fuzz while having her bottle (I give her a bottle of expressed breastmilk at night and in the morning to make sure she has a full feed) she usually takes 5-6oz of breastmilk each feeding but lately she haa been crying histerically when she's down to 2 and have a hard time getting her to eat at least 5, but after that drama she's down for the night, by herself & she's been sleeping through the night (wiith 1 or 2 wakes where I just give her the pacifier and she falls right back to sleep, from 8-8).

During the day, we play and do activity time for about 55 minutes and I watch for sleepy cues, when I see the first yawn I do the 4S and she's out. It's just that during her nap time, she wakes up at the 45 min mark. Almost always,which makes me believe she can transition between cycles. I have to go into the room and give her the paci (sometimes 1 sometimes 10 times before she falls asleep again), do the shush/pat (which works 2 out of 5 times) or I simply give up and get her out of the crib.

I am worried that she will be overtired for the next cycle of EAS and then she won't be getting enough activity nor sleep again! What can I do? Is it normal for babies this age not to be able to sleep by themselves for more than 45 min? Do I leave her on the crib if she doesn't cry but is wide awake 45 min before her feed? Does that count as sleep time? How much time trying to get her to sleep before I give up? Will helping her with the paci and sush/pat  eventually teach her to fall asleep independently?

Also, if I eventually pick her up from the crib if she cries and it is before her E time, then what should we do? Activity time again until next feed? Should I feed her when she wakes? Please HELP!!!

« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 01:25:21 am by regina1987m »
Mommyof3

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 8 Week Baby Naps for 45 min... HELP!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 13:56:14 pm »
Hi there and welcome to BW forums
Sorry to see you didn't get any replies yet. This post will give your thread a bump and hopefully you will receive some support very soon.

Offline regina1987m

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 14:54:19 pm »
Thanks! Hopefully soon!!! :)
Mommyof3

Offline VnessMorris

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 16:01:34 pm »
Hi there!

What jumped out at me was her Activity Times...55 mins seem a bit on the low side so maybe she's waking at the 45min mark due to being UT?  DD2 averaged about 1:15-1:30 for her ATs at around 8 weeks old.

Here is a link to average ATs:
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=84884.0

HTH!  :)
V.
DD1 Angel Baby born Dec 16, 2014
DD2 Angel/Textbook Baby born Aug 27, 2016

Offline regina1987m

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 21:52:15 pm »
She can't handle more! She starts yawning, maybe cause she's bored? I'll try tomorrow again, thanks so much!!!
Mommyof3