Author Topic: Things to do this summer with baby and toddler  (Read 4222 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Things to do this summer with baby and toddler
« on: June 04, 2017, 00:13:46 am »
Anyone have any suggestions on what to do this summer with a 1 year old and 4 year old? Now that baby is mobile and will be walking by summer what are some fun things to do with the both of them?
I can't imagine how I can do the lake with the two at these ages as one will want to go in the water but cant alone and the little one will be crawling and probably waking by then and will want to play in the sand and take off. I just can't seem to figure out good activities to do with the both.

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Things to do this summer with baby and toddler
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 04:50:40 am »
Mine were a bit closer together, and I found having a paddling pool at home was great for the summers right up until DS2 was 5yo, in many ways it was easier at home in Summer than winter in that respect as we had a shaded deck area with a 6inch deep pool & a sand pit.  One part that made it a bit more fun with the padding pool was to have ice cubes made with coloured water, pop one or 2 in to the water & they'd love watching the colour melt into the water. Lots of equipment such as buckets & funnels really helped & they'd both play for hours.

Another thing I used to do was have breakfast picnics at the park, where I am it gets HOT in summer (high 30's C, with high humidity) & so some days we'd hit a playground around 7.30 & be home by 9.30 & then later in the day after naps, they could play at home & then every so often DH might be able to get a little earlier & we'd hit the beach or a pool together.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 12:47:54 pm »
We do a lot of soft plays with friends so DS1 (5) can run around safely and I can just keep my eye on him from a distance and DS2 (16 months) plays in the toddler bit with me.

Lots of picnics in the park we go to the less busy area and the oldest one runs up and down the hills collecting leaves or sticks and youngest runs around at the bottom.

I find the garden easy too we have a trampoline and lots of tunnels and tents we fill with balls, it's not always warm enough here for water play x
Zoe

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 15:34:13 pm »
 I'm still finding the playground to be tough as the little one needs constant supervision and the big one wants to go off to the big kids stuff   Which makes it quite difficult.  We even tried the lake recently which was hard  with one wanting to go into the water and the other wanted to eat the sand