Author Topic: 9 month old waking at night  (Read 1306 times)

Offline Pearceuccs

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 25, 2017, 02:17:03 am »
My 9 month old has had periods where he has slept through the night and right when we think we have fixed him he starts waking again. He is breastfeed to sleep which I'm hoping isn't a problem since he has sttn in the past. He has always been a bad sleeper and very sensitive to OT. I had to httj until he was like 6 months old and we battled 30 min naps if he was overtired where I would go rock him back to sleep until like 8 month old.

600 awake and breastfeed
730 solids
915-1015 nap ( breastfeed and sleep) for 1hr (sometimes 1hr 20min)
1030 Solids
1230 breastfeed
230-330 nap (breastfeed to sleep) for 1hr-1 hr 20 min
400 small amount of bf (won't take much)
500 solids
700 bedtime (breastfeeding to sleep after bath)

Then he starts waking up 30 min after bedtime. The first two  times he is sometimes  hard to resettle while holding. OT it seems. Then sometimes he'll will wake up later like at 3 am and sometimes go back to sleep after 5 min of whinnying. We try not to feed him during the night but sometimes he gets fed at like 3 am if he is having a hard time. He has been waking up avenge of twice a night. Always shortly after bedtime. Then around 830-10. Then somewhere between midnight and 3 am.

We are gonna move up his bedtime to 630 to see if he only needs 3 hr awake time before bed. Breastfeeding to sleep is such a nice time for us and I'm hoping we don't have to break that.

Offline tired_mum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 13:19:53 pm »
Hey,

I also have a 9 months old, he is sleeping through the night but waking at 5am. So this will not be an expert advice. ;)

I would try increasing his activity time for 15 minutes and see what happens. I think that if you get a bit longer naps during the day it will help with night as well.

I had to teach my boys to fall asleep independently to get them to sleep TTN but that may not be the case for you.